No more VCDS

RoyC

Every time I have used VCDS some thing has gone wrong.

I know it's not the VCDS, it's me, I am useless with things like that, I can't even use a mobile phone.

Anyway, The reason that the dates were showing up as old faults was because my MMI clock had disappeared long ago and was showing on the speedo dash as Date year 2010.

Because the clock was missing on the MMI I was unable to reset the date.

I found out how to get the MMI clock back using the hidden green screen, so all is ok now.

3 hours ago, RoyC said:

Every time I have used VCDS some thing has gone wrong.

I know it's not the VCDS, it's me, I am useless with things like that, I can't even use a mobile phone.

Anyway, The reason that the dates were showing up as old faults was because my MMI clock had disappeared long ago and was showing on the speedo dash as Date year 2010.

Because the clock was missing on the MMI I was unable to reset the date.

I found out how to get the MMI clock back using the hidden green screen, so all is ok now.

Hi Roy, as I said you are not useless its merely you convincing yourself you can't do it before you attempt the task calm down and go practice with the VCDS scanning etc, as long as you don't muck about with the codings you will gradually become more confident as you use it, case in point you managed to reset your clock through the green menu which I personally would not go near as on the later models you can fry the MMI if you get it wrong.

Steve.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Roy, as I said you are not useless its merely you convincing yourself you can't do it before you attempt the task calm down and go practice with the VCDS scanning etc, as long as you don't muck about with the codings you will gradually become more confident as you use it, case in point you managed to reset your clock through the green menu which I personally would not go near as on the later models you can fry the MMI if you get it wrong.

Steve.

I only do things on the green menue when I have step by step instructions.

Like fixing the clock ......

fixed clock settings problem on audi mmi 3G

to do in hidden menu

1.check clock"on car/cardevicelist
2.uncheck clock on car/carprotocollswitch
3.set clock on 7 in car/carmenuoperation