New Owner - Questions regarding MMi

goram

Hi All,

I’m contemplating switching from my 335d xDrive Touring to either one of a 3.0vs petrol or a BiTDi Avant.

Budget is likely to land me up to a 2014 plate and I’m just trying to familiarise myself with Audi specs. I love my music and currently have it stored on the hard drive in the 3 series (uploaded via USB sticks).

Am I able to do this in an A6? Most seem to be advertised with mention of SD cards but I’m not too familiar with that?

Also, are you able to program the sat nav remotely via an Audi app?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for what are probably stupid questions!

Hiya, 

I would hold out for a car with the tech pack, you'll get a better screen amongst other things. 

I'm not sure about answering your question for a non tech pack car but for the tech pack it has a hard drive you can import from SD card, USB or cd. You can play direct from those too. 

Ps from 2015 there was a facelift which has a better display in the clocks amongst a few other bits. Check out black editions as they look the nicest IMHO,  I ended up with a 2015 allroad as they were a tad cheaper than the black editions so I could get a facelift. 

Yes you can send an address to the car from the app 

I'd have loved a bitdi but couldn't afford one, the others might feel slow compared to your current car

• Like 1

Hi James

My A6 Avant is a Black Edition with a Tech Pack. Kev is right you get a bigger screen and a "Jukebox"!  Which you can add to via SD, USB or CD.

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Gregg

I think The Tech Pack includes a slightly larger screen, electric seats, etc. If you go into the media system on the screen the jukebox should be there as an option.

Tony

Yep, bigger screen, I forget the size difference. A simple way to tell is do you have buttons or a touch pad next to the gear stick? Touc pad = tech pack 

So, the search continues after narrowly missing out on a high miler but extremely high specc’d car yesterday….

Does this look like it has a tech pack? The screen likes wide and it has a scroll pad too? I had a disjointed conversation with the dealer who said it didn’t have a tech pack and no media storage, but I’m not convinced. Most dealers I’ve spoken to don’t seem too informed 🤔

https://www.comiskeymotors.co.uk/used-cars/14628826-audi-a6-a6-3.0-bi-tdi-quattro-313-s-line-5dr-tip-auto/

On 7/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, goram said:

So, the search continues after narrowly missing out on a high miler but extremely high specc’d car yesterday….

Does this look like it has a tech pack? The screen likes wide and it has a scroll pad too? I had a disjointed conversation with the dealer who said it didn’t have a tech pack and no media storage, but I’m not convinced. Most dealers I’ve spoken to don’t seem too informed 🤔

https://www.comiskeymotors.co.uk/used-cars/14628826-audi-a6-a6-3.0-bi-tdi-quattro-313-s-line-5dr-tip-auto/

The car in that link does have the tech pack. Alongside the larger screen and the touch pad, another tell-tale is the full colour display between the speepo and rev dials.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RoyC said:

I would have to change those wheels, they're horrible.  🤮

You never know, it might be lovely in the flesh 😬

1 hour ago, goram said:

You never know, it might be lovely in the flesh 😬

Nnnno, they are horrible.

Horrible wheels.webp

• Haha 1