European driving - headlights

MGD2

Hi

I’ll be taking my car to Europe in September and have read about a function on the A4 that allows you to switch you xenon headlights to be compliant with driving on the right?

is this the case? Does anyone know how to do it? I was playing around with settings but couldn’t see the option? 

Does it happen automatically with GPS? I.e. the car picks up location and adjusts? 

Thanks

Matt

If you have the function it'll either be in the mmi settings or on a switch on the back of each headlight. I'm going to Germany in September. Where are you going in Europe?.

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

If you have the function it'll either be in the mmi settings or on a switch on the back of each headlight. I'm going to Germany in September. Where are you going in Europe?.

Thanks Steve, 

I’ll take a look. 
Loire Valley, France then across to Black Forest and up the Mosel valley. Whereabouts in Germany are you headed? I’m a big fan of Germany and enjoyed many road trips there. 

This is our first in the RS4 and it’s natural habitat on the derestricted Autobahn!

We're doing black forest, the ring, all the German manufacturer museums. Taking the A6 back to where it was built 20 years ago. Then going to colditz and some other WW2 sites. Then getting ferry back from hook of Holland. 

8 hours ago, Steve Q said:

We're doing black forest, the ring, all the German manufacturer museums. Taking the A6 back to where it was built 20 years ago. Then going to colditz and some other WW2 sites. Then getting ferry back from hook of Holland. 

Sounds great, hope you have a great trip. The B500 road through the Black Forest is great.  I’ve been to the Merc, Porsche and BMW museums - definitely worth the visit. Would like to get to the Audi one at some point - hopefully next year. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 7:48 AM, MGD2 said:

Sounds great, hope you have a great trip. The B500 road through the Black Forest is great.  I’ve been to the Merc, Porsche and BMW museums - definitely worth the visit. Would like to get to the Audi one at some point - hopefully next year. 

Thank you. Can't wait to be honest. Got some prep work to do first!