Rattle from headlining

Chalky13

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Our A1 has an annoying rattle from the headlining around the interior light unit. Pressing anywhere on the plastic there stops it, so we know it’s that now.

Is this common or anything there we should be mindful of before taking the trim out and seeing what’s loose / rattling? 
thanks 

I'm unfamiliar with the A1, but my first action would be to open the trim (as if you were going to change the bulb) and see if you can see what's rattling...

I’m aware of that, I’m asking if there’s anything related to the trim area I need to be mindful of when removing it, if it’s clipped in or there’s anything behind or a special way of removing it.

It should just be clipped in place. This eBay link shows where the clips are and what it looks like from behind: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403748629431?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=--wmg7khrj-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IE07kO4STZy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thanks 1

Star man Steve, popped the trim off, nothing really obvious loose, test drive, all quiet, trim back on, still quiet! 👍

happy with that, as that was the only rattle in the car 

21 hours ago, Chalky13 said:

Star man Steve, popped the trim off, nothing really obvious loose, test drive, all quiet, trim back on, still quiet! 👍

happy with that, as that was the only rattle in the car 

You're welcome 🙂 glad you got sorted. Sometimes trim just becomes loose. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 1:21 PM, Chalky13 said:

Yeah, wasn’t sure if it was that or a wire tapping against things. Nice cheap fix, we like those …

Cheap fixes are the best 🙂