2010 Audi Q5 bigger brake upgrades

TooTired

Hi all

I am wanting to upgrade my Q5 brakes for bigger ones, I have priced up some big brake kits from Brembo and Revo, but I am just wondering if anyone knows if any of the higher spec Audi discs and calipers will fit?

Thanks for any advice or info.

TooTired

Hi TooTired,

Can i ask how much you've got quoted for bigger brake kits?

I looked into it for my Q5 hybrid (which is really heavy), and looking for better braking performance.  It was very expensive.

In the end i went for EBC YellowStuff pads all round, and braided hoses.  Changing the hoses, i changed the brake fluid to dot 5.1 (not sure if that will make alot of difference).  I can tell you the braking performance is much better and consistent.  And a lot cheaper than bigger brakes.

Next for me is drilled and/or grooved discs all round.  Should have done it with the other stuff to be honest.

Just a thought.

Joe

18 hours ago, JMKC82 said:

Hi TooTired,

Can i ask how much you've got quoted for bigger brake kits?

I looked into it for my Q5 hybrid (which is really heavy), and looking for better braking performance.  It was very expensive.

In the end i went for EBC YellowStuff pads all round, and braided hoses.  Changing the hoses, i changed the brake fluid to dot 5.1 (not sure if that will make alot of difference).  I can tell you the braking performance is much better and consistent.  And a lot cheaper than bigger brakes.

Next for me is drilled and/or grooved discs all round.  Should have done it with the other stuff to be honest.

Just a thought.

Joe

Hi Joe

I have found Brembo BBK with 6 pot calipers and 345mm discs, front, for £3166 and a Revo BBK with 6 pot calipers and either 355mm or 380mm discs for £2035, these kits come with everything you need for a direct bolt on application and new hoses as well.

Looking at used prices of disc and caliper combo's that may fit are starting from around £1500, that is for RS4 discs and calipers, but doesn't come with anything else and I am not 100% sure if they will fit, RS5 ceramic discs and 8 pots are going used from around £3000 mark, again not 100% sure they will fit, both used sets would require a carrier bracket making or obtaining for the calipers.

It is looking like I will go down the BBK route just on a cost basis and the fact they are direct replacements without needing to modify anything.

Cross drilled and grooved discs and better pads is an option also.

Thanks

TooTired

T

Hello Paul,

Are you using this car on track regularly? I not, I think I’m just missing the logic of spending over £2,00O on uprating brakes on a 13 year old vehicle. 
Kind regards.

Gareth.