Leather interior

Vmks2022

Hi wondering what's opinions on the sline leather interior ? Currently have the cloth that isn't brill was thinking of putting in leather seats but has anybody ever done it and regretted it ? Will you stick to it in the summer ? Cheers guys

Fitted a set of leather seats in my convertible, that previously had half leather.

$_57-8.JPG

I find it much more comfortable - no sticking to the seat so far - but of course the hood is usually down, and if it's not, the AC is generally on. I paid about £250 inc delivery from a vendor on eBay - didn't bother changing door cards.

1602890656_IMG_43012.thumb.JPG.36051f6d3428d9c701436bf55b17c1dd.JPG

Sorry - haven't a decent pic of the seats fitted. It was a straightforward job - except where I made it difficult by fitting my own aftermarket seat heaters (you can see the controls by the gearstick). Don't ever be tempted to do this - the nightmares haunt me to this day...🤦‍♂️

Mike 😎

Looks good ! Never knew you could retro fit heated parts to the seats , am not 100% as it's hard to find a good set for the 4 door saloon , there's plenty good convertible ones out there then there's the worry will they survive the postage lol 

10 hours ago, Vmks2022 said:

Looks good ! Never knew you could retro fit heated parts to the seats , am not 100% as it's hard to find a good set for the 4 door saloon , there's plenty good convertible ones out there then there's the worry will they survive the postage lol 

Mine arrived in Norfolk from Cornwall(!) - no problem at all. What colour etc are you looking for? What year/model of car? Are your current seats electric (see what I did there)?😄

I think convertibles probably have a higher proportion of owners optioning full leather - weather protection etc, which may be why you're seeing more convertible sets offered than saloons and Avants...🤔

Mike😎

Edited by gsmdo

I have had my A6 s-line Avant for 13 years, never any problems with the leather summer or winter.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Most leather seats can be a bit clingy in warm weather to be honest but with the aircon running and a cool cabin its ok.

S-line leather is nice, the finish does vary depending on what the spec is though , comfort Recaro's are brill but that's another subject.

If you fancy a change then worth doing just check what wiring you have in your car as depending on what car they were removed from they may be all electric etc etc and you may need to modify or add to your loom to use the replacement seat functions.

Most S-line have elec lumbar as a min, then heating, full motion control and the like.

rob

Edited by Just Rob