Rear seats will not release to fold down

sturat

My 2017 A3 cabriolet will not release the rear seats to fold down. Both latches appear loose as if unconnected although they were in the past when they worked ok. Any suggestions ? welcome

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forums.

I had a similar issue with the rear seat release (from the boot), on my Q5.  Luckily i had it fixed under warranty.  They said the cable had unhooked from the release handle because the cable had 'stretched'.  I laughed and said it is less than 2 years old and i rarely use the release.

Sorry, i don't know how to fix it, but hopefully it is a quick fix for you.

Joe

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have this one side of the split folding seat 2016 A3 cab. Audi dealer said likely to be a cable, but charge £120 to investigate and expect another 1 hours labour @190 per hour plus parts. Ive found a diagram on line showing the seat and components and will start dismantling the catch in the boot. The cable arrangement is not straightforward so if either of them need replacing the first task is how to get to the locking mechanism and cable routes?  Did anyone find a solution?

A3 cab rear seat diagram.pdf

Edited by PRH
file added