Engine fan not working

Benbeaman

I have just brought an 2003 A3 TDI. It's been stood for 4 months. The previous owner filled the coolant with water and it has now left rust in the system. I have drained and flushed the system. But now noticed the engine fans are not working. Help please. 

1 hour ago, Benbeaman said:

I have just brought an 2003 A3 TDI. It's been stood for 4 months. The previous owner filled the coolant with water and it has now left rust in the system. I have drained and flushed the system. But now noticed the engine fans are not working. Help please. 

Hi its probably the fan control unit on the fanpack at the front by the radiator its 1-2 silver boxes on the cowling with electrical plugs, if you bridge the plugs live and earth and the fan comes on its the control packs but the easiest way is to turn on the airconditiong and watch the fan for movement it could well be that its not getting hot enough for the fan to work, the only other component to look at is the coolant temperature sensor.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...