Egr valve

Clayball

Today I cleaned my egr valve and throttle body last week I replaced the egr selanoide yet am still getting code p407 and even though I have more acceleration than before I am still In limp mode please can anyone help please 

13 hours ago, Clayball said:

Today I cleaned my egr valve and throttle body last week I replaced the egr selanoide yet am still getting code p407 and even though I have more acceleration than before I am still In limp mode please can anyone help please 

Hi do you mean P4077 as this has nothing to do with the EGR or Throttle its a valve that controls exhaust back pressure.

Steve.

3 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi do you mean P4077 as this has nothing to do with the EGR or Throttle its a valve that controls exhaust back pressure.

Steve.

The code I am getting is p0407-07E8 pd generic but after running for a while it goes off and no problems only happens after the car has not been used for an hour or so I am at a total loss 

1 hour ago, Clayball said:

The code I am getting is p0407-07E8 pd generic but after running for a while it goes off and no problems only happens after the car has not been used for an hour or so I am at a total loss 

Hi that probably means the drive for the EGR pintle is going down hill, the other causes can be module related or a sensor that sits in the high pressure fuel pump, I would try a new EGR valve first its the cheaper option and sounds the most likely cause.

Steve.

34 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi that probably means the drive for the EGR pintle is going down hill, the other causes can be module related or a sensor that sits in the high pressure fuel pump, I would try a new EGR valve first its the cheaper option and sounds the most likely cause.

Steve.

Thank you am at a loss really had enough of it all  now to be honest really am what ever I try or do never works 

2 minutes ago, Clayball said:

Thank you am at a loss really had enough of it all  now to be honest really am what ever I try or do never works 

Hi trouble is a lot of these vehicles are now coming to the time in their lives when things will go wrong all parts deteriorate over time /milage, don't get sold on the Legend of Audi invincibility they are the same as any other brand, they go wrong, the question you have to ask yourself is, has my car ever had a new EGR valve and am I going to invest any money in my current vehicle or rush off and buy something else, which will eventually go wrong.

Steve.