Best model B9

Pepper
聽Share

Ok, i know its maybe eye and beholder material....BUT...in my opinion, best ever model available was B9 mofel years LATE 16 to early 18 ?

The 190 ultra model, just gets better with age and mileage....in avant form, currently giving 78 to 85 on motorway in efficiency mode - and much nicer looking from front than post 18 models !

Was looking to replace with identical spec, due to creeping mileage, but seems VERY hard to find...

Audi A4 Avant S-line 190聽 Ultra S-Tronic 16 - 18 馃憤馃憤

• Like 1

Cheers Steve....but how do they do it eh ?

A car thats still perfectly quick enough, 190, yet free to use in pollution zones, and 80mpg ?

Oh, and so comfy, even after a 3 hr drive up M5 and M6 etc, no stiffness ?

That particular model is very special....89k now, (40k when aquired) was going to change, but as you say, cant find one anyway, so im happy to keep for now, and when it goes over the 100k....so what ?

Awesome car

80mpg??聽 I can't believe that, even driving on a motorway.聽 You must be doing about 55-60mph.

I had 2017 A4 B9, 150 ultra s-tronic, but would probably get about 55mpg on a steady run on the motorway.聽 Never could i reach over 60-65mpg.

If you have the car serviced regularly, why are you selling with less than 100k on the clock?聽 I sold mine with 180k miles on the clock and it was still running so sweet.

I agree, really good car.聽 But TBH, all the VW and Audi cars i've owned have been good.

Yes....slow lane with the hgv's...at about 57mph....regularly had 74.3 now as few more miles and recent service, 81.3mpg.....and 74 on dual carriegeways.

i have to say, you seem to drive it sensibly, and if it is serviced regularly, that car will last 'forever'.

I don't know why you would be selling??

17 hours ago, Pepper said:

due to creeping mileage

For me, 90k to 100k miles, is quite low mileage.

Or is there another reason for looking to sell?

• Like 1

I think its because I worry about a cars worth when it has 150k on it, as opposed to 100k.

However its as if the car has only just reached its peak efficiency, those figures i get are real, and regular !

Also, the option of a company car keeps popping up...its ok taking the allowance i get now, but even with higher tax rates, tempting to sell and have a fully expensed company vehicle.

However, due to lack of availability this exact model spec and year, if i keep the allowance, ill probably keep car until maybe 130k, I think any longer would effect value too much.

Ps....even on an A-road, and not in efficiency mode, its still giving late 50s to early 60s.....outstanding business vehicle.

Staggering mpg. Make sure it does get a good blast from聽 time to time over 70 so the car can do regenerations on the dpf. Otherwise it'll get blocked.聽

As long as it's well maintained you should be ok.聽 I wouldn't change at the minute due to the over inflated prices in my opinion.聽

Agree, On my longer trips, i usually set off early in morning, and stick to around 56mph, on the way back - its a different story haha !

So outward journey 80 plus...return journey average 66mpg.....still an incredible daily mpg, esp for such a comfortable car, with most of the 'extras' you need in a business class vehicle.

Off topic, not long after i aquired it, i saw an identical spec, but with red leather seat option, and panoramic glass roof - not many like that out there !!

• Like 1

Nice comments here - I'm trying to help my daughters partner buy an estate A4 1.4 but it's the proverbial hens teeth trying to find a reasonable mileage bargain. Do let me know if you hear of anyone contemplating a sale/change.

9 minutes ago, DaKa said:

Nice comments here - I'm trying to help my daughters partner buy an estate A4 1.4 but it's the proverbial hens teeth trying to find a reasonable mileage bargain. Do let me know if you hear of anyone contemplating a sale/change.

Try Big Motoring World聽

Coincidence, I was just doing that.

Their one advertised on Pistonheads has now sold - aarrgghhh!

I've just posted a request on the 'wanted' section, you never know your luck.

Rgds

On 8/22/2022 at 3:28 PM, DaKa said:

Replied in wants ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, Pepper said:

Cheers Steve....but how do they do it eh ?

A car thats still perfectly quick enough, 190, yet free to use in pollution zones, and 80mpg ?

Oh, and so comfy, even after a 3 hr drive up M5 and M6 etc, no stiffness ?

That particular model is very special....89k now, (40k when aquired) was going to change, but as you say, cant find one anyway, so im happy to keep for now, and when it goes over the 100k....so what ?

Awesome car

i've just changed my 2010 A4 Avant with 187,000 miles because the electrics were playing up. other than that it ran very sweetly.聽

• 3 months later...

Just got rid of my Peugeot 208 Gti which I owned from new and had 146k on the clock and was still giving the same MPG as when I bought it and running sweet. Moral of the story - I now have an A4 avant with 46k miles on the clock - looking to change oil every 6k miles and as it's much better build quality than the Peugeot, I hope to keep it for many years and 100k should be easily achieveable if not 150k..

Keep you car regularly serviced and it should keep on going.. good luck.. and they are fab cars.. I had owned an A5 3.0 TDI Quattro sport before and regret selling that, so I'm sold on Audi