Will it fit?

9580cabowner

Thanks Steve.

Pictures coming.

I haven't looked for the part number yet, just being lazy and seeing if the seller knows if it fits

The ram seal is leaking so I can always just change that but it's easier and probably not much more expensive to change the whole rack and be done with it. 

hi,i know the 2.6 rack wont fit the 2.0 coupe and thats 1994,it would probably be easier to get your own one rebuilt as thats what id to do with mine 2 years ago,greg.

• 4 months later...

Hi ive had the same problem getting a steering rack for my 1990 coupe. I cant see my part number on the rack whilst its on the car and didnt want to try and remove it incase i mess it up and cant get it to the garage.i phoned my local Audi dealer and gave them the reg and engine size of my car and they gave me the part number which helped me get another one. They were really helpful. Someone on this forum suggested i phone Audi and i was a bit sceptical as i havent been able to get information in the past from them. Id recommend you phone your nearest Audi garage and if you dont get the part number try a different Audi garage. Good luck from Ian!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. 

I bought a rack off a 2.5 but the same year. It looks to be the same as the one fitted but without taking it off I can't be sure so... 🤞

If I've bought the wrong one as a replacement I'll refurbish the original and refit it but that is more complicated than a straight swop and it's time off the road that I don't really want. We'll see what happens in March when she comes out of storage. 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:19 PM, 9580cabowner said:

Thanks all. 

I bought a rack off a 2.5 but the same year. It looks to be the same as the one fitted but without taking it off I can't be sure so... 🤞

If I've bought the wrong one as a replacement I'll refurbish the original and refit it but that is more complicated than a straight swop and it's time off the road that I don't really want. We'll see what happens in March when she comes out of storage. 

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂