Fault code

Clayball

Hi has anyone else had this problem I get error code p0407 07E8pd generic ,gas recirculation sensor B low I have cleaned egr, pdf changed egr sensor and am still getting this code I am in limp mode with engine management light on and glow plug light flashing.When I accelerate as soon as I get to 2000 revs limp mode kicks in I am at a total loss now can anyone suggest a cure please I have an a3 8p 1.6 tdi 2010 with 90,000 on clock 

Edited by Clayball
Added to it

2 hours ago, Clayball said:

Hi has anyone else had this problem I get error code p0407 07E8pd generic ,gas recirculation sensor B low I have cleaned egr, pdf changed egr sensor and am still getting this code I am in limp mode with engine management light on and glow plug light flashing.When I accelerate as soon as I get to 2000 revs limp mode kicks in I am at a total loss now can anyone suggest a cure please I have an a3 8p 1.6 tdi 2010 with 90,000 on clock 

Hi it could well be the oxygen sensor my one was on its way out this is hanging in the exhaust just after the cat and has a horrible life, constant heated gas, and it gave the same generic code and did the exact same thing as yours its where the heater element in the unit begins to fail.

Steve.

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi it could well be the oxygen sensor my one was on its way out this is hanging in the exhaust just after the cat and has a horrible life, constant heated gas, and it gave the same generic code and did the exact same thing as yours its where the heater element in the unit begins to fail.

Steve.

Thanks mate I will check that first thing tomorrow any ideas right now are good ideas as I am at a loss

1 minute ago, Clayball said:

Thanks mate I will check that first thing tomorrow any ideas right now are good ideas as I am at a loss

Hi I don't know what you used to get the code but VCDS tells you the generic coding but also tells you the sensor thats playing up but its my guess thats the culprit as the symptoms are too close to mine.

Steve.

40 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I don't know what you used to get the code but VCDS tells you the generic coding but also tells you the sensor thats playing up but its my guess thats the culprit as the symptoms are too close to mine.

Steve.

I took it to a local garage and that's the code and explanation I was given nothing specific to where the problem actually is it's the fact I don't know where the problem is specifically so no idea what or where to look 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:25 PM, Clayball said:

I took it to a local garage and that's the code and explanation I was given nothing specific to where the problem actually is it's the fact I don't know where the problem is specifically so no idea what or where to look 

Hi its probably because their code reader is generic and has to deal with most types of vehicle, although Snap on etc are expensive they are not manufacturer specific and will not give an interpretation of the code, it then gets more difficult as the manufacturers are now making codes generic which basically means it could be one of a few different sensors, but my best guess is the oxygen sensor as the symptoms you describe are virtually the same as mine were at around 80,000 miles and if your sensor has never been changed the likelihood of it being that is very high.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi its probably because their code reader is generic and has to deal with most types of vehicle, although Snap on etc are expensive they are not manufacturer specific and will not give an interpretation of the code, it then gets more difficult as the manufacturers are now making codes generic which basically means it could be one of a few different sensors, but my best guess is the oxygen sensor as the symptoms you describe are virtually the same as mine were at around 80,000 miles and if your sensor has never been changed the likelihood of it being that is very high.

Steve.

Thank you very much mate I will try that tomorrow and see what happens