How many reverse lights on A4 b7 cabriolet 2008

Mario T

Hi There, please can somebody help my sanity..... I bought an A4 cabriolet which has the new style rear lights. The nearside rear works but the offside doesn't. I'm sure I've read that there is only 1 rear but all the cablingnis there including the build.

Would anybody be able to confirm. I can then leave this job of the remaining such as duct motors behind the globe box etc.

Ah thanks Rob. I've wasted a good 4 hours on this. I wished I'd thought to join a forum. It's thanks to people like you that have the knowledge. I do wonder why Audi go to the trouble of moulding the rear lense and even putting a bulb in the cluster as well lol.  I have to say not the first time VAG have led me a dance. Octavia vrs with drls has side lights in the main headlights that are wired in a have bulbs but programmed out due to drls.

Thanks again.

Next 2 issues now a grunting noise under the globe box and reverse sensors that when I put in reverse give continues bleep mostly but have cleaned them and they now work intermittently. 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, Mario T said:

Ah thanks Rob. I've wasted a good 4 hours on this. I wished I'd thought to join a forum. It's thanks to people like you that have the knowledge. I do wonder why Audi go to the trouble of moulding the rear lense and even putting a bulb in the cluster as well lol.  I have to say not the first time VAG have led me a dance. Octavia vrs with drls has side lights in the main headlights that are wired in a have bulbs but programmed out due to drls.

Thanks again.

Next 2 issues now a grunting noise under the globe box and reverse sensors that when I put in reverse give continues bleep mostly but have cleaned them and they now work intermittently. 

I'd recommend a diagnostic check for the sensors. It could either be a faulty sensor or the module. You could.inspect the wiring to make sure.non.of it's loose.  

Hi Steve I'll do that. I'm not sure if it's a quirk but I've noticed there isnt a parking sensor button on the centre console. So would this automatically confirm they are aftermarket.? It only has rears Or did some Audi's have rear sensors fitted without that button.? They have a slightly raised sensor. I noticed my Skoda doesn't have the parking sensor button so perhaps they are OEM.?

Thanks

Mario

13 hours ago, Mario T said:

Hi Steve I'll do that. I'm not sure if it's a quirk but I've noticed there isnt a parking sensor button on the centre console. So would this automatically confirm they are aftermarket.? It only has rears Or did some Audi's have rear sensors fitted without that button.? They have a slightly raised sensor. I noticed my Skoda doesn't have the parking sensor button so perhaps they are OEM.?

Thanks

Mario

There should be a switch on the dash to overide the rear sensors if they factory OEM fittment

rears have 4 sensors and they should be flush with bumper surface.

Hi Rob,

As suspected they are aftermarket unless this was a very last of the pre bumper change vehicles. The rear sensors are not flush mounted but slightly raised. I'm sure ive seen this on VW's tho. So wondered if it was part of an earlier design and this was the last of 2007 builds say.