Wheely excited...

Swisstony
聽Share

Yes today was wheels day 馃檪聽When I got the car I could see the wheels were all wrong. They were 255/40/19 and just made the car look wrong. Rubbed on the arches when 4 up or over bumpe, stuck out too far ( no spacers ) and well, just wrong. Dont get me wrong, on the right car they may look brilliant but just not mine.聽

IMG_0612.thumb.jpeg.c49b54416741c642423565bd05991984.jpeg

So found a set of Le Mans 235/40/18 on Gumtree and were recently refurbished and decent tyres. So struck and deal and they came from scotland today. Bonus. 5 so I have a full size spare 馃檪They arrived in perfect condition as he wrapped them so well聽

2103972619_IMG_0800(1).thumb.jpeg.590f6ae2655fa94c3d131f9cf947dc68.jpeg

All unwrapped

1059415395_IMG_0801(1).thumb.jpeg.82785816198ac259f25f65f03e2d740b.jpeg

Little and large

599036790_IMG_0805(1).thumb.jpeg.2868bb6900d5d430f2baf1e693ea9796.jpeg

Put 5mm spacers on the back just to bring them out ever so slightly聽

IMG_0816.thumb.jpeg.9b2af19158d940947e0f1b62b903bafc.jpeg

all done and I think they look great. Ride is perfect and no rubbing ! In time I may look to lower the car maybe by 10/20mm with different suspension but right now I am just enjoying them .

IMG_0827.thumb.jpeg.19ba3ab98946776c2b11481776b858ca.jpegIMG_0826.thumb.jpeg.0402082161eaf0bd03b964723b93890e.jpeg

• Like 1

Thats so much better chap.

All you need to do now it sort the ride height out so its a bit lower and it will be really spot on.

What made those previous alloys look worse was the tyre size, 255 on a A4 B7 is just too much, profile was just too high and made it look like a tonka toy .

235/40 on an 18" or 235/35 19" are best and both workout to be the same overall.

nice work indeedy.

for me i'd be loosing the rs4 rear door badges ,just leave it plain and swapping the indicator side lens from black to clear which is how the revised special editions are fitted.

I had oem 19" Lemans on a few years ago 8.5j 235/35 and they fitted perfectly, clear side flasher lens looks best on black paint in my view, one can have too much dark on a dark car and it tends to look a bit non-descript, just my view.

IMG_2088 (2)der.JPG

12 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

From a side angle pic it looks like you have S4 blades aswell, maybe its聽 the light thats doing it.

S4 Blades, sorry you lost me there聽

Glad you like the result and yes I think a tad lower will do the trick聽

Sorry, Blades are the external lower door trims , they start allmost flat on the front doors and getting wider towards the rear wheel arch.

S4 blades are noticeably wider especially on the rear doors, its a bit of a marmite thing really.

I swapped my s-line ones to s4 some time ago, i wasn't keen on them initially as i thought they would be too wide but once on they are not and i really like them.

1 minute ago, Just Rob said:

Sorry, Blades are the external lower door trims , they start allmost flat on the front doors and getting wider towards the rear wheel arch.

S4 blades are noticeably wider especially on the rear doors, its a bit of a marmite thing really.

I swapped my s-line ones to s4 some time ago, i wasn't keen on them initially as i thought they would be too wide but once on they are not and i really like them.

Ah now I know what you mean when I look at the car聽

I personally love them but then I am an Audi novice so don鈥檛 know any better 馃檪

11 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

I had oem 19" Lemans on a few years ago 8.5j 235/35 and they fitted perfectly, clear side flasher lens looks best on black paint in my view, one can have too much dark on a dark car and it tends to look a bit non-descript, just my view.

IMG_2088 (2)der.JPG

Ohhhhhh I love your front splitter

there is much want here !!!

3 minutes ago, Swisstony said:

Ah now I know what you mean when I look at the car聽

I personally love them but then I am an Audi novice so don鈥檛 know any better 馃檪

S4 v s-line

S4 blade fitted on the car with the s-line聽 for comparison, you can see the s4 ones especially the rears are much wider.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc6e2a246f028e0998c9a3c072ae6bf7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Swisstony said:

Ohhhhhh I love your front splitter

there is much want here !!!

Thats the original OEM front bumper with a genuine RS4 grille with satin silver surround and a LCR front splitter.

I just had a thought chap, did you get longer wheel bolts to use those 5mm spacers, if so, make sure they are radius shoulder bolts not tapered.

All Audi OEM rims use radius shoulder bolts, tapered are 99.9% used for aftermarket rims, there is a big difference.

46 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

I just had a thought chap, did you get longer wheel bolts to use those 5mm spacers, if so, make sure they are radius shoulder bolts not tapered.

All Audi OEM rims use radius shoulder bolts, tapered are 99.9% used for aftermarket rims, there is a big difference.

I had thought about that but I thought that only a 5mm spacer would not need longer bolts but anything thicker would聽

you seem to think I should err on the side of caution聽

Depends on how much available thread was left with the spacer fitted.

5mm may not sound much but depends on what length bolt you have to start with.

not recently but when i had the 19" lemans i had to get longer radius bolts to use with 5mm spacers, but that said sometimes you can get away with it.

Can you believe it, one day in with the new wheels and notice that the steering was pulling to the left around 200 yards down the road.聽

Stop and investigate and yes a !Removed! massive nail/bolt/screw in the tyre..typical.聽馃槖聽luckily I have that full size spare so swapped it over and as it is in the middle of the tread, my son works in a garage and he said he can repair it no problem.聽

IMG_0853.jpeg

nearly as bad as this one i had a few weeks back, it was beyond repair as the steel section had just cut right through the tyre and beyond a patch repair, a real waste of a decent goodyear eagle F1 tyre.

image.thumb.jpeg.520957f2c5de0742122ccd1425d2a4cc.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Just Rob said:

nearly as bad as this one i had a few weeks back, it was beyond repair as the steel section had just cut right through the tyre and beyond a patch repair, a real waste of a decent goodyear eagle F1 tyre.

image.thumb.jpeg.520957f2c5de0742122ccd1425d2a4cc.jpeg

damn that looks bad, so annoying isnt it聽