Fuel rail issue

Bris14

Hi all,

I would like to add a little if I may, I am an independent workshop just gathering some background info on the issue / problem you are all discussing. I am currently repairing a 2018 Audi A4 1.4, it has 33k on the clock and it has exactly the fault you all have had. so it appears the fault is still around. I am also very shocked that this is not on a recall as it is potentially a very dangerous problem.

• 11 months later...

Good morning,

I'm a newbie and this is my first post and I've have just had the same issue as mentioned in this topic, happen to me over the weekend with my 2017 plate, 1.4 A3.

The fuel rail injector bolt had sheared and damaged the seal, leaving me stuck in Hotel Chocolat car park (could have been worse!) with the smell of fuel everywhere and an engine that wouldn’t start! does anybody know if there has been any update on this issue relating specifically to the A3 model, as I’m aware of a recall, in 2019, but of different models…? I will be emailing Audi customer services to make them aware.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 11:29 AM, Angus Forsyth said:

Good morning,

I'm a newbie and this is my first post and I've have just had the same issue as mentioned in this topic, happen to me over the weekend with my 2017 plate, 1.4 A3.

The fuel rail injector bolt had sheared and damaged the seal, leaving me stuck in Hotel Chocolat car park (could have been worse!) with the smell of fuel everywhere and an engine that wouldn’t start! does anybody know if there has been any update on this issue relating specifically to the A3 model, as I’m aware of a recall, in 2019, but of different models…? I will be emailing Audi customer services to make them aware.

Good Morning All,

An update on the above issue...Audi UK customer services will not entertain anything to do with this subject as the repair was not carried out at an "Audi Approved Centre" therefore calling into question the diagnosis of the AA patrolman and the qualified mechanic that undertook the repair.

What needs to happen? an actual vehicle fire or something even worse, for them to look into this matter.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm adding to this post as my 2018 1.4 TFSi Q3 has suffered the same issue as you've all mentioned with fuel rail. 

I spoke to the Audi dealer which is fixing the car at present and they have quoted me £140 for diagnostic and a further £220 labor to remove the manifold to get to the leak so in total £360 before anything has been fixed! Has anyone come up against similar costs with Audi? Goodness knows how much more they're going to charge for the fixing and parts! 

I will be approaching Audi UK tomorrow with this thread to hand as evidence of recurring issue to try and get them involved while my car is in their workshop. If anyone has had the issue diagnosed and repaired with Audi please let me know because that will bolster the whole argument that this issue is not a one off and they cannot keep ignoring it.

Many thanks all,