B6 A4 1.9tdi owner in Bristol looking to make contacts ideally with a VAG-COM

Ronan

Hi guys, I am new to this site as I recently purchased my 2003 B6 A4 1.9tdi and she has 170,000 miles on the clock so an you can imagine fairly riddled with issues. 

I am a qualified mechanic but with only a year or so garage experience and finding these cars fairly complicated to work on. Guess that the beauty of these Audi's haha.

I would love to meet some other locals around Bristol with these models/engines so that we might be able to share some in site on them and would love to meet some one with a VAG-COM would I would be more than willing to pay to scan my car for me as I am currently experiencing electronic issues and somthing that I am not so confident with. 

I am fairly capable when it comes to mechanical fix's and would be more than willing to trade time with any one that can help me out or money if they would rather!

I hope to make some friends on here as my current friends have little to know car knowledge and I find my self relying on Google far to much.

Cheers 

Ronan

signal-2022-09-20-09-35-19-193.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Ronan, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Great looking A4, the b6 was the best A4 shape in my opinion. What issues have you got with it? 

As you'll know the 1.9 is fairly tough if looked after. It's in good hands now as you're a mechanic 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Steve,

And yes i'm very happy with the car. Have owned the pd130 engine in a previous car which got modified to over the 200hp mark. 

Current issues is with my drivers side window intermittently working. I tried to remove the motor and to test it on the other side to work out if it was a switch or motor issue but I believe due to the amount of electronics connected to my window motor (Central locking +) neither side motors would work on the opposite side doors yet when I replaced both motors to the correct sides. The passengers works again. Its also a nightmare to do when the switches are connected on the inside of the door cards haha. 

Im guessing the switch is to blame but its odd as the drivers side control for the passengers side works fine. I also removed the switch and cleaned the contacts inside it hoping it might have fixed it.

Ill find my multi meter when i get a chance and remind my self how to test the switch properly.

Have never had the car scanned since i purchased it so would defiantly be interested to see what is lurking in there if i can get my hands on a scanner.

I'd definitely look at replacing the switch unit on the drivers door. You're right there's a lot of electronics on the drivers door but if it's anything like my c5 it's because the drivers door locking mechanism controls all the central locking. 

Yeah there is a crazy amount of electronics attached haha. Makes testing the motors a daunting task when i have no idea what pins are for the motor or the rest of the electronics.

Do you have any good suggestions of web sites to buy Audi parts online cheap by any chance? Or is it best to just eBay it?

Cheers

Edited by Ronan