Audi S3 8P Oil Filer

SavStar

9 hours ago, SavStar said:

Hi all. 
I was just wondering, can anyone recommend a decent oil filter for my Audi S3 8P 2010?
Ive heard the K&N ones are good! Any others? 

Hi Bosch,Hengst,Blueprint,Mahle, not used any others but these seem to work very well on my high milage cab.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:57 PM, SavStar said:

Thanks @Magnet I’ve heard a lot about Mann!
Yes mate, oil filters 👍

Hi Mann filters are from the same factory as Hengst and Mahle and usually are only purchased by those with a passion for badge engineering and a desire to spend to much money, Hengst are fitted O.E.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, Magnet said:

Um! 

Hi Um just about sums it up, the only original Mann filter you will get thats made in Germany is the one thats fitted when the car was built, anything aftermarket in a Mann box comes from CHINA where Mann Hummel have moved their production to and of course the Chinese are doing their usual and substituting the build material with cheaper cotton based material in an effort to make more money, in the European manufacturing plant in Germany random test sampling every five hundred units is common and it is common knowledge the Chinese don't subscribe to this practice, Mercedes have started getting their filters from the Chinese plant and have had problems for which they have absolved themselves of responsibility as the filters are produced outside the E.U., but they are cheap!.

Steve.