DSG delay

Naeema3

Hi, first time posting ever so hoping this will get me somewhere, so I have a 2004 audi a3 2l tdi dsg, quite a few issues with it, defs needs alot of work but one main issue I have is when I come towards a robot or stop street and im rolling, if i apply petrol as im rolling the car switches off, it feels as though a manual car would when you release the clutch too quick, another thing is at pull away, if i give a slight bit too much fuel the car doesnt take and then boom goes, my current 2 guesses are the car needs a gearbox service or a new torque converter, still unsure whether the dsg model has a dual mass flywheel or torque converter. Wondering if anyone has faced this issue how to fix, at this point feel like just throwing the whole car away, if anyone has any tips or advice, it is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Naeema3 said:

Hi, first time posting ever so hoping this will get me somewhere, so I have a 2004 audi a3 2l tdi dsg, quite a few issues with it, defs needs alot of work but one main issue I have is when I come towards a robot or stop street and im rolling, if i apply petrol as im rolling the car switches off, it feels as though a manual car would when you release the clutch too quick, another thing is at pull away, if i give a slight bit too much fuel the car doesnt take and then boom goes, my current 2 guesses are the car needs a gearbox service or a new torque converter, still unsure whether the dsg model has a dual mass flywheel or torque converter. Wondering if anyone has faced this issue how to fix, at this point feel like just throwing the whole car away, if anyone has any tips or advice, it is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Hi get the gearbox service done first chances are its bad oil or a blocking filter, its the cheapest route but before any of this get it scanned for error codes.

Steve.

Hi, thanks for the response, no error codes being picked up for the gearbox or any engine issues, had it checked multiple times but thanks, was advised the same by my mechanic, to do the service first, I'll check in once that's done.