Oil Leaking (

Sam27

4 hours ago, Sam27 said:

Hello All

Did my engine oil chnage today and noticed .....another oil leak, any advise on what this is please?

Manyt Thanks

Sam

20220925_122633.jpg

Hi its a Hydro mount for the engine, these are oil filled and when the rubber reservoir deteriorates they start to loose oil, yours does not look terminal yet but it will need changing as they only get worse and you will experience a lot of engine vibration.

Steve.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sam27 said:

Many thanks stevey, hope it will not cost an arm and leg. Do you think DIY is possible?

Hi the units are not that expensive, DIY is possible but you will need two robust trolley jacks and a nice wide piece of wood to support the engine on one of the jacks, to my mind a garage with a four post ramp is a better proposition as it looks as though its very accessible from the picture and they will have a hydraulic cradle to support the engine whilst standing upright to do the job.

Steve.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sam27 said:

Stevey wise advise I will not do it by myself haha. Garage it is.

Thanks again

Hi sensible option, these days I no longer find laying on concrete whilst trying to juggle one and a half tons of metal on axle stands a going proposition especially when you can go in, pay the man and drive home without multiple abrasions and feeling like you have been run down by a bus, sweet.

Steve.

• Haha 1