Ad Blue Control Unit

HICK5

I'm after a bit of advise on an issue I am currently having with my local Audi Dealership. I own a 67 a4 which I bought from a local dealership under their approved used. 

My car is currently with them as the car threw a wobbly when the Ad blue needed a top up(at 1000 miles left) Turns out the car needs a new ad blue tank + control unit which luckily falls under warranty. I was initially told it would be with them for a few days to get repaired but here we are 8 weeks later. The ad blue control unit is apparently on back order and I have been told this week that there is no dates confirmed with Audi Germany for when they will have more. 

I'm getting a bit annoyed with how long it's taking and how they cant give me a date for when I will get my car back. Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea (inside knowledge) on how long these control units are going to take? 

Can't advise on lead times, but if you bought the car on finance you can always contact the finance company, explain the case and tell them it's not fit for purpose and you want to have the finance terminated due to the car not being fit for purpose. 

• Like 1

Hello Liam,

Have you considered searching for a secondhand one as a temporary measure pending receipt of the new part? 
Search Partsfinder or similar on- line car breaker link sites.

Kind regards,

Gareth.