Are parts between different models compatible?

Irenе

Hi guys! Just won an audi off a salvage auction a few days ago (hasnt arrived yet) with a fair bit of damage, front bumper missing and some damage to the bonnet.

I've had a look around loads of scrap yards and online, and I've only found a few off eBay. The issue is I'm after Saloon parts for my B9 but they only have Estates in. Do you reckon the bumpers are the same? 

I look forward to our journey together! 😊 

8 hours ago, Irenе said:

Hi guys! Just won an audi off a salvage auction a few days ago (hasnt arrived yet) with a fair bit of damage, front bumper missing and some damage to the bonnet.

I've had a look around loads of scrap yards and online, and I've only found a few off Ebay. The issue is I'm after Saloon parts for my B9 but they only have Estates in. Do you reckon the bumpers are the same? 

I look forward to our journey together! 😊 

Hi the front bumpers will be the same on the estate as they are on the saloon, they have not got that finicky with the body parts yet and along as its a year either side of your one they should fit its only rear bumpers that are a bit different, give you an example I was after driveshafts for mine and most of the monkeys will say what side do you need when both shafts are exactly the same size but have a different letter at the end of the part number which is designed to scare the crap out of the average buyer as I said before the letters are just year designations.

Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the front bumpers will be the same on the estate as they are on the saloon, they have not got that finicky with the body parts yet and along as its a year either side of your one they should fit its only rear bumpers that are a bit different, give you an example I was after driveshafts for mine and most of the monkeys will say what side do you need when both shafts are exactly the same size but have a different letter at the end of the part number which is designed to scare the crap out of the average buyer as I said before the letters are just year designations.

Steve.

Cheers Steve!