TRUTRAK TRACKER

Firkindolloper

Hi guys,

Question time again......

I was thinking of fitting a tracker to my car (Trutrak) and  have a few questions regarding this:

Has anyone here fitted one?  If so, any problems?

Does disconnecting and reconnecting the battery cause any problems? ECU reset etc.

Where can I find a permanently live feed with easy access? I was thinking about making the cigarette lighter live and using the feed from that.

Grateful for any info.

1 hour ago, Firkindolloper said:

I used my rear Cig lighter to power my rear dash cam when the ignition feed was off.

I have disconnected my battery several times and only had to reset the clock.

1 hour ago, Firkindolloper said:

Thanks.  I did think of that source too but I would prefer the fusebox route if it is easy.  These cars are so sensitive nowadays that I didn't want to chuff it up.

I used a permanent live on the end of the dash, drivers side for my reversing camera.

Ta.  That would be where I will look first.  I guess I am old school and used to working on cars when electronic ignition was the latest thing and the thought of messing it up due to the sensitive nature of  2017 Audi electronics is holding me back a bit.

Thanks again for the heads up.

11 hours ago, Firkindolloper said:

Ta.  That would be where I will look first.  I guess I am old school and used to working on cars when electronic ignition was the latest thing and the thought of messing it up due to the sensitive nature of  2017 Audi electronics is holding me back a bit.

Thanks again for the heads up.

I used a piggy back fuse holder.

PIGGY BACK FUSE HOLDER.jpg

Don't forget you can always look at getting apple air tags (I think that's what they're called) for £35 which are mini trackers. Samsung do similar ones. These are easily hidden and most thieves wouldn't be considering these compared to a normal tracker. 

The more expensive option which is very good is the Ghost alarm/tracker. 

Thanks guys.  I already have piggy backs but no tracker yet.  I will give this more thought as the Trutrak was recommended and looked a decent price and easy to fit.  They even do one via the OBD port but that is too obvious a place to put it.

I will have a re-think and consider different modes to see what is best for me.

Thanks again.

Regards

Gordon McKay

• Like 1