Halogen headlight bulbs

Allroad2014

Just about to change the bulbs in my Allroad in attempt to find something a little brighter than the OE which for whatever reasons I have put up with for the last 8 1/2 years. I am told LED upgrade could fail MOT if unlucky enough to get caught out and was therefore looking at Osram Nightbreakers +200 as they appear to be the go to replacement. Has any one out there any experience with them and of course the key question, do they make a significant difference? Thanks

Hi Derek,

I had the Osram +200% bulbs on my previous VW Scirocco.  Great bulbs, and excellent upgrade in my opinion.  BUT they failed quite often (can't give you a timeline), and not sure if it was the car or bulbs.  And because they are pricy it was annoying.

Thanks,

Thank you Joe, I have read that they do not last too long which may become a pain, however, the standard bulbs are very poor (age catching up with me and notice it more each year) and it may have to be a compromise worth making, pleased to hear you thought they performed well though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 1:20 PM, Allroad2014 said:

Just about to change the bulbs in my Allroad in attempt to find something a little brighter than the OE which for whatever reasons I have put up with for the last 8 1/2 years. I am told LED upgrade could fail MOT if unlucky enough to get caught out and was therefore looking at Osram Nightbreakers +200 as they appear to be the go to replacement. Has any one out there any experience with them and of course the key question, do they make a significant difference? Thanks

Can't comment on the Nightbreakers but I was shocked at the OEM's on my A4 and changed to Twenty20 Daylight +200%. Got to say made a massive difference. Could actually see the road in front of me! Almost 2 years later they are still going strong.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Allroad2014 said:

Fitted the Nightbreakers, definitely a worthy upgrade, not LED standard by any means, however, so much better than the original fit Halogens

Thanks for the update 🙂 really tempted to upgrade mine.