Strange Noise when setting off Audi A3

hay-meh1

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

Wondering if the handbrake or brakes are getting stuck on? 

I honestly do wonder problem i’m having is taking it into the dealership get an appointment for 8am the car doesn’t make the noise for them to investigate. I see it happen after about 1/2 hours driving. The car begins to move but makes this awful noise. Did have the brake pads and discs checked and all good.

3 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

The dealer can do longer road tests, and this is what they should be doing. 

Hoping so. Driving 150 miles away this weekend so going to try calling Audi Assistance tomorrow before not sure what the noise is but quite concerning.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 9:43 PM, Steve Q said:

Please keep us posted 🙂

So after finally waiting for an appointment at my local Audi centre. They have told me noise is coming from the Daul Mass Flywheel. However as the noise is only when the car is warm the warranty company will not cover the replacement. They have offered to strip down the gearbox to see if there is a mechanical defect however have said if it is just a noisy component I will be charged for 7 hours worth of labour. Has any one had similar 

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

That's not on. A failing component is failing regardless of it being warm or cold. 

I’m left in a pickle. I have also expressed the fact on occasions when the car is put in reverse it doesn’t go back but continues to roll on a hill. I am wondering if maybe i’ll be better taking my case to Audi UK.

Just now, hay-meh1 said:

I’m left in a pickle. I have also expressed the fact on occasions when the car is put in reverse it doesn’t go back but continues to roll on a hill. I am wondering if maybe i’ll be better taking my case to Audi UK.

Definitely worth taking it to Audi UK. Or the motoring ombudsman 

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Definitely worth taking it to Audi UK. Or the motoring ombudsman 

Will definitely keep you posted on this. Just find it a pain the fact I have paid for warranty but am expected to drive a car making this much noise and constantly thinking when i put it in reverse will it roll foward.

16 minutes ago, hay-meh1 said:

Will definitely keep you posted on this. Just find it a pain the fact I have paid for warranty but am expected to drive a car making this much noise and constantly thinking when i put it in reverse will it roll foward.

Please do. It's not on at all