Resetting oil service spanner with eBay obd2 cable

A3car19tdi

Hello all 

I have serviced my a3 2009 tdie . I  have reset the oil mileage but am unable to clear the spanner for some reason.

And when I stop it politely reminds me to service the car.

It appears the spanner will not budge unless anyone can advise a way to get rid of it ? I have tried pushing and pulling the dash buttons but the spanner stays up. The piglet 

do these work ?

eBay cable

Thanks all 

2 hours ago, A3car19tdi said:

Anyone know how to turn the spanner light out and the words "service due" when turning off ignition

Hi try youtube there is bound to be a video on how to, the cable will probably work but only with a computer with the appropriate software already downloaded, personally I would steer clear of this unbranded type of interface as its back door Chinese and could cause problems the easiest route is buy the basic OBD Eleven as this is tried and tested and the bonus is you can do a lot of other stuff on it.

Steve. 

On 11/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, A3car19tdi said:

I've tried all ways and enlisted the help of you tube. It's ridiculous.

Just wondered why it wont clear. Never had this before with a car. 

So wondered if those  cables did the trick from eBay .

Hi the cable will not work on its own its an interface that will have to be connected to a laptop that already has the appropriate software on it, the cable on its own is useless otherwise as you need something to connect it to, other than that pay your local independent garage to put it out with their scanner, if you own a car 2000 onwards some sort of VAG software device is a crucial part of maintaining your own vehicle, I put my service light and inspection due to bed with mine.

Steve.