Fuel pump headache

Petey

Hi all, I have an a3 3.2 v6 and recently the fuel pump packed in, my local garage replaced it with a second hand one (as Audi no longer make this part) and this has since failed (problems with buying second hand I suppose. Has anybody got one of there’s cars/had this problem/or know of a generic type replacement that I could try?

thanks in advance

18 hours ago, Petey said:

Hi all, I have an a3 3.2 v6 and recently the fuel pump packed in, my local garage replaced it with a second hand one (as Audi no longer make this part) and this has since failed (problems with buying second hand I suppose. Has anybody got one of there’s cars/had this problem/or know of a generic type replacement that I could try?

thanks in advance

Hi get the part number off of the old unit and plumb it in to eBay, my mate had the same problem with his four year old Skoda, we were told that the pumps are no longer available but we found the same pump fitted to a MK7 golf job done, good shout Kev.

Steve.

av got 2.7 v6 engine  to  doing nothing at  mo  cheers steve  i always  kept stuff off my gti mk1 mk2 mk3 days and the petrol pumps mint on my xr3i   when that  feccccccced up