MMI Screen Module

Boe Berron

Hi Falks...

Could anybody tell me if an S6 MMI Screen module can be used in a 2006 Audi Q7?

I've had an auto electrician fit a "module" into our Q7.

The module is from an S6! 

The Screen comes on but no sound and the adaptive air suspension isn't functioning properly.

Thanks

On 11/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, Boe Berron said:

Hi Falks...

Could anybody tell me if an S6 MMI Screen module can be used in a 2006 Audi Q7?

I've had an auto electrician fit a "module" into our Q7.

The module is from an S6! 

The Screen comes on but no sound and the adaptive air suspension isn't functioning properly.

Thanks

I would say no. If the auto electrican supplied the part then it's job to rectify it. 

Hi cheers for the reply.

Yes he did "supply" the part. He got the part the next day which I thought it was very quick!!..... a little too quick tbh. But I knew something wasn't right when the screen lit up displaying Audi S6.

Anyways, ordered the right Module now, arriving in 7-10 days 🙄.  

13 hours ago, Boe Berron said:

Hi cheers for the reply.

Yes he did "supply" the part. He got the part the next day which I thought it was very quick!!..... a little too quick tbh. But I knew something wasn't right when the screen lit up displaying Audi S6.

Anyways, ordered the right Module now, arriving in 7-10 days 🙄.  

He best not be charging you any extra! 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what options were on both cars. The screen will be coded to the original car so if you do a code check it will probably say something like “control head locked” or similar and from memory the voice control button on the steering wheel won’t work. If you still have the S6 screen in then you can change the boot logo to Q7 and it’s highly likely that the air suspension option isn’t enabled as I don’t think the S6 had air suspension. If you have access to vcds you need to enable the green screen option to get into the options menu on the mmi. It’s possible that on a 2007 car that somebody might of already enabled the menu. Press car and setup/menu together for about 5 seconds and see if the green menu comes on the screen. If it does then Google or YouTube what you’re looking for before just playing around in there as some things can’t be undone if changed.