Sagging driver’s seat.

Magnet

Go to solution Solved by Stevey Y,

Hello folks,

The driver seat base has sagged (at rear) to an uncomfortable extent after 16 years and 168K miles, and I now need to attend to it. 
As I understand it, there isn’t any springing or webbing, but simply a (firm) moulded sponge platform, which obviously gets less firm and supportive over years of use! 
I wondered if this was a common issue through the model range, and whether someone might have been-there-rectified the problem. 

I think Audi supply the moulded foam base for around £120, which doesn’t sound too frightening in comparison with some of their pricing, but thought it worth an ask whether anyone had simply reworked the original to good effect with additional foam, before I go ahead and order a new one. 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth.

• Solution
7 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello folks,

The driver seat base has sagged (at rear) to an uncomfortable extent after 16 years and 168K miles, and I now need to attend to it. 
As I understand it, there isn’t any springing or webbing, but simply a (firm) moulded sponge platform, which obviously gets less firm and supportive over years of use! 
I wondered if this was a common issue through the model range, and whether someone might have been-there-rectified the problem. 

I think Audi supply the moulded foam base for around £120, which doesn’t sound too frightening in comparison with some of their pricing, but thought it worth an ask whether anyone had simply reworked the original to good effect with additional foam, before I go ahead and order a new one. 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi they all do it not just Audis, when I was running Mondeos that was there favourite trick as well as spreading foam crumbs all over the carpet I used to go down the breakers and find a car that was picked clean and buy the passenger seat foam and use that as it had less wear, I think the new foam is probably your best bet and is easily fitted so that will be it for another 168k by which time I think you will be past caring LOL.

Steve.

• Like 1