Ideas??

Borat

Hello David,

Sorry if this comes over as unhelpful, but to be constructive, the shortest route to freedom from worry about this, is to phone the garage and arrange to return the car for inspection at the earliest opportunity. This will result in a much quicker resolution than us guessing on here. 
I’m sure you will appreciate that it’s virtually impossible to diagnose such noises without access to the vehicle.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Yes it has air suspension. But i have never heard it running before when i got out of the car. I also have never seen the green down arrown on while driving around. I hope its not busted as i hear they are very expensive

Hello David,

I think Steve may be onto something, and (guess) it maybe an over working compressor. 
‘I hear they are very expensive …’ You can bet your last they are! 
The darlings at Audi want to extract £345 out of my wallet for a piece of moulded foam for the seat base, so with the aid of Percy Verance, we are looking at sensible alternatives. 

So OK - bad news and compressor problems ( due to the piston ring) - Bagpiping Andy will turn out to be your best friend - look him up on a Google search. He manufactures new rings, and I believe he now supplies reconditioned compressors. 
I’ve fitted new rings in two non-Audi compressors - not a nice job to access but… 

Beware of Audi prices, and cheap aftermarket replacements, and put your faith in Andy if you need to. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

20 minutes ago, Borat said:

Scan shows 01583 & 02250 so looks like its time to get a new car

What are the codes related to? 

If there's a leak in the suspension system then the compressor will work overtime to keep the system inflated. 

One says leak detected but it said that last winter also and the other is limit reached. So i guess its pumping up then must have tiny leak somewhere. Also had parking sensors start working again so some major electrical issues going on here aswell