Q5 Hybrid Sportback battery range

Stubok22

Hi all, new to this forum. I bought a 2022 Q5 Hybrid Sportback last month. The first couple of times I charged it up, it gave the full battery range on 35 miles (ambitious I know), but the last couple of time I've charged it, I got 24 miles and then last time, 17 miles (apparently charged to 100%). Has anyone else had this?

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for joining and posting your question.

It could be me just not getting this hybrid (I purposely avoid using a capital H!) thing.

How much does it cost you in electricity to charge this thing to travel a maximum of 35 miles - now down to 17? 
I would guess I could coast at least that in a manual over a tank full of fuel! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

If I get the full 30 miles then to achieve then to repeatedly charge it to get the sane tank milage is about a 3rd of the cost of just using fuel, especially when some places offer free charging while you shop there etc. Even if its m only getting 20 miles, it's still way cheaper than fuel 

Hi Stuart,

I believe the car takes the average from your last drive.  That's how i understand mine.  It will go up and down depending on how you drive and the conditions, just like normal mpg.

Depending on your model (mines 55), i got around 25 miles in the warmer weather even with a/c on eco, and driving around 70mph, and about 18 miles currently in this colder weather.  It went down to 15 miles last winter.  The heating really zaps the power.  Pre-heat the car when plugged in if you can, it helps.

Joe

I’m prepared to stand alone if necessary and claim the hassle factor alone simply isn’t worth the extra 17 to 30 miles. 
No doubt some owners may come alone and firmly refute this, but……

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Sounds good Stuart. To me it sounds hassle per ‘small extra mpg’, but. ..

I bet your workplace will be chuffed when they find themselves paying for a significant number of commutes, and the eventual scramble to find a plug to plug into, should be great for colleague/colleague relationships! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

We've got 30 charging points, so no scrambling about , and you pay for it yourself. I get you clearly don't like electric, but your "advice" hasn't been particularly helpful. Thanks anyway, enjoy your gas guzzler 👍