A8 D4 2014 Engine Management Light

Jamsey1969

I have had my 2014 A8 3.0tdi since August this year. The engine light flickered on and off a couple of times after 6 weeks of ownership. In early November is came on permanently and was quickly extinguished by my garage after plugging it in and clearing some old fault codes. 
That doesn’t last long 30-40 miles and it comes on again, after some checks a split hose was found which unfortunately wasn’t the cause.

I was always planning a remap so decided this might be the right time to do it. Remap all done and up to 300bhp with 650nm torque.

Yet again on way home after another 30 miles of driving the engine management light came back on followed soon after by the flashing coil and into limp mode.

The limp mode is quickly fixed by turning car off and on but I need help with the light any suggestions?

Thanks

I would always advise against a remap on a car that's got an eml on. Any good remapper should have advised this too. As you could just compound the cars issues. 

You'll need another diagnostic check or take it to another garage if your usual garage is struggling to diagnose it and repair it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1