Is DPF Regen on the A6 possible with ODBeleven

kovshenin

Hey folks, I'm new here so go easy, okay?

I recently bought a A6 and after a couple of weeks the DPF light came on. Didn't have a chance to take it out on a motorway and a few days later it got the glow plug light flashing (and limited power). I did drive it for about 2 hours on the motorway after that, but unfortunately it didn't seem to change anything. After doing some more research online and talking to a couple of shops over the phone, it seems like my best option now is to do a "static regen" on the DPF, so I was wondering if that's something I could do using an OBDeleven off of Amazon. I saw they have a few options, I'm happy to pay for either TBH but not sure which one I need.

Before considering this route I did try a local garage, they told me it'd be ~ $70 which I was happy with, but they could not connect to my car unfortunately and recommended I book an appointment at an Audi dealership. I called a couple of them but the wait times are ridiculously high (January-February) and that's just for inspection, and I'll likely need a second visit, or leave the vehicle for a few days, which I'm not eager on doing.

If it makes any difference it's a 2018 2.0 TDI Ultra with about 50k miles. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Thanks for your response Steve.

I was actually able to do a DPF regen using OBDeleven with their Pro pack, took about 40 mins, cleared all fault codes, live metrics look much better, DPF icon gone as well. Definite worth the time and money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kovshenin said:

I was actually able to do a DPF regen using OBDeleven with their Pro pack, took about 40 mins, cleared all fault codes, live metrics look much better, DPF icon gone as well. Definite worth the time and money.

I've just got the basic. Good you can do it with the pro. 

On 12/4/2022 at 2:06 PM, kovshenin said:

Hi this is what I keep trying to put across to people there is no such thing as cheap diagnostic units if you buy the best upper level of any platform you will get the best out of it, better still you don't have to pay the thieving Shiiiiiits at Audi their greedy rates, WIN,WIN.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heh! I do like the OBD11... I also got the top package but my year is almost up...

Changing the brightness of my DLR was a godsend - the Matrix LEDs are amazing at lighting the road, but SO directional that signs - especially overhead - don't get much light to reflect... With the DLR lights barely dimming it is much better all-round for reading signs and seeing other reflective surfaces/people. I also set my DLR to 'Scandinavian' - so DLR is both front and rear lights on at all times.

Made a fair few changes in other areas too... Along with viewing codes and clearing errors. Good to know it can do this too...

Best Regards

Tigger

7 hours ago, Tigger said:

Heh! I do like the OBD11... I also got the top package but my year is almost up...

Changing the brightness of my DLR was a godsend - the Matrix LEDs are amazing at lighting the road, but SO directional that signs - especially overhead - don't get much light to reflect... With the DLR lights barely dimming it is much better all-round for reading signs and seeing other reflective surfaces/people. I also set my DLR to 'Scandinavian' - so DLR is both front and rear lights on at all times.

Made a fair few changes in other areas too... Along with viewing codes and clearing errors. Good to know it can do this too...

Best Regards

Tigger

Glad you found this post useful 😊