New q7 matrix headlights missing

Audi Lover Ash

So has anyone ordered a new 72 plate q7 Sline black edition and the car has turned up with standard led headlights and bulb indicator. No audi led day run lights.

we ordered ours in feb 2022 and it should have led matrix headlights and has not due too an excuse of chip shortage. Audi did not tell us of this change.

does anyone know if the matrix led headlights will go straight on (swop)

I’m abit annoyed as if we come to sell the car it’s not to the spec it should be. Our friends have a 22 plate exactly the same spec and there’s has the matrix led lights 

thanks

It's known as an UK supplied issue. Not just with q7. Q3 also affected. 

They probably can be retrofitted but it won't be cheap. Speak to autologics about this. 

Bare in mind this will void your warranty 

• 2 months later...

I also lost the Matrix design lights on my 23 Q7 Prem Plus, while there were 30 other Q7s on the lot with the lights. Also with the standard LED lights, I lost the automatic cornering lights that use the all-weather lights to help with visibility on turning and signaling. 

3 hours ago, matty_ice said:

I also lost the Matrix design lights on my 23 Q7 Prem Plus, while there were 30 other Q7s on the lot with the lights. Also with the standard LED lights, I lost the automatic cornering lights that use the all-weather lights to help with visibility on turning and signaling. 

Not good 

I have a Q7 Black Ed on order due for delivery next month, vehicle was built end of January I believe so I have no idea which lights it will turn up with. I have emailed the supplying dealer but no response as of yet.

I agree having halogen indicators etc is poor, coming from a Touareg Black edition that has full LED matrix lights I will be dissapointed if the Q7 turns up with the basic spec temporary headlamp unit.

31 minutes ago, Audi Lover Ash said:

100% it will come with none matrix led. Apparently they are putting them back on from sep 23. It’s wrong really 

Definitely wrong, thanks for the update 

On 2/14/2023 at 10:58 AM, SDW693 said:

I have a Q7 Black Ed on order due for delivery next month, vehicle was built end of January I believe so I have no idea which lights it will turn up with. I have emailed the supplying dealer but no response as of yet.

I agree having halogen indicators etc is poor, coming from a Touareg Black edition that has full LED matrix lights I will be dissapointed if the Q7 turns up with the basic spec temporary headlamp unit.

The LED matrix are back on the configurator from the end of 2022, there’s 3 2023 MY Q7 on autotrader that have the correct headlights. I also have a Q7 on order with a Sept ETA and I’m confident it’ll come with Matrix LED.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/202302023876480?advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2023&postcode=Ch13bh&model=Q7&page=1&make=Audi&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/202211231935560?advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2023&postcode=Ch13bh&model=Q7&page=2&make=Audi&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/202212282811664?advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2023&postcode=Ch13bh&model=Q7&page=3&make=Audi&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

Edited by AlanS
Link

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SDW693 said:

Unfortunately dealer has confirmed vehicle has the temp non-matrix unit, big shame. Vehicle being delivered 10th March!

That's annoying 

Same thing happened to me. No Comms from Audi, I only realised when I found this thread. I ordered in Dec 22 and car now arrived at dealer who confirms standard led headlights. Pretty disappointing. I checked the spec carefully when ordering but didn’t see any reason they would be listed as matrix headlights were supposed to be standard on all models. 

I’m hoping nothing else is missing, have asked the dealer to confirm. I saw other threads saying things like the phone box were being deleted too. 

The dealer gave me £600 off the agreed price as compensation (not sure whether that’s coming from the dealer or from Audi). Better than a kick in the teeth I suppose. 

It isn’t just Audi. Colleagues at work ordering BMWs have had options missing on delivery that they were charged for with no compensation offered and the dealer couldn’t care less. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have just found these comments after searching Google. My brand new Audi Q7 50 TDI  black edition  was delivered two days ago 25th March and it has led headlights not Matrix headlights! when I ordered the car in September last year, audi stated the car came with matrix headlights! I checked my order form and couldn't find any reference to led lights option and there is no matrix light option or any comment that this is an added extra! So I was mystified why and if this is the reason then surely Audi must offer to retrofit with matrix led lights when they become available.? Its a poor show that they do not inform their customers they will not get what they ordered! Something should be done about this, surely? 

Just took collection of an Audi a6 black edition on 28/03/23 and I couldn’t be anymore disappointed. I just found out after I took the car out of the showroom that evening , that they have standard LED headlights. This was like my worst ever nightmare. I couldn’t believe it!!!!

I had the older version  Audi A6, 2019 plate and had the matrix LED lights, I feel like this was a downgrade to my previous car. Had i known that they had a chip issue ( or so they say ) which they didn’t tell me, I would not have taken this car at all. The sole reason why I like an Audi A6 instead of the other models is because of the exterior and the LED matrix headlights. That is what makes the car so much more unique from there other Audi models. They also don’t have the wireless charging no more due to a ‘chip shortage’. I believe the UK models of Audi are being effected the most or Audi are not bothered to give the specs that they used to do for the Uk market for some reason. I’ve checked out other Audi markets and they still come with the wireless charging and the LED matrix headlights as standard.

I’ve called my dealer and I told them where I stand and that I will be cancelling my car and reverting back to my old finance plan. Regardless of the packages I had on the new car, there is no point me having a car for the next two or three years and be unhappy with it. Plus when it comes to reselling the car, no one would want the standard LED headlights. Will be going back to the showroom to get my old car back or let’s hope they can retrofit it if they can. 

Edited by Rej

It’s a disgrace to be honest. I’ve said the same thing when it comes to selling. What I don’t understand is they are putting them on cars half the price of the higher costing models. I think we need todo something about it. We have no wireless charger in ours either q7 black edition like I said in my previous post. I was gutted with no led matrix. No money back either. I think I’ll trade mine in next year. 

I agree about doing something, but what?  I wrote to the supplying dealership, and to Audi Customer Services and neither bothered to respond.  This will be my first, and last Audi for sure.

Edited by VorsprungQ7

3 hours ago, Rej said:

Just took collection of an Audi a6 black edition on 28/03/23 and I couldn’t be anymore disappointed. I just found out after I took the car out of the showroom that evening , that they have standard LED headlights. This was like my worst ever nightmare. I couldn’t believe it!!!!

I had the older version  Audi A6, 2019 plate and had the matrix LED lights, I feel like this was a downgrade to my previous car. Had i known that they had a chip issue ( or so they say ) which they didn’t tell me, I would not have taken this car at all. The sole reason why I like an Audi A6 instead of the other models is because of the exterior and the LED matrix headlights. That is what makes the car so much more unique from there other Audi models. They also don’t have the wireless charging no more due to a ‘chip shortage’. I believe the UK models of Audi are being effected the most or Audi are not bothered to give the specs that they used to do for the Uk market for some reason. I’ve checked out other Audi markets and they still come with the wireless charging and the LED matrix headlights as standard.

I’ve called my dealer and I told them where I stand and that I will be cancelling my car and reverting back to my old finance plan. Regardless of the packages I had on the new car, there is no point me having a car for the next two or three years and be unhappy with it. Plus when it comes to reselling the car, no one would want the standard LED headlights. Will be going back to the showroom to get my old car back or let’s hope they can retrofit it if they can. 

I also think the electric steering column adjustment is missing, its certainly not on my car and I am sure it was within the Vorsprung spec.

On 3/28/2023 at 12:26 PM, VorsprungQ7 said:

I have a late 22 plate Vorsprung that is missing them too.  Looking at £6k to retro fit them.

Sorry, mine is actually a 72 plate!

Edited by VorsprungQ7

1 hour ago, VorsprungQ7 said:

I also think the electric steering column adjustment is missing, its certainly not on my car and I am sure it was within the Vorsprung spec.

I think they have removed a lot of standard specs in the Audi UK market for 2023 and been using the excuse ‘chip issue or shortage’ but give very little or no reimbursement for removing them. 

i had a debate about why the black edition cars in the UK come with the chrome Audi badges whilst other market have that as standard. 

anyways, I’ll be going back to the dealership tomorrow to go back to my previous finance or see if they can maybe work something out. Hoping they might agree to swap my 2019 Audi matrix led lights with the new car.  

2 hours ago, Rej said:

I think they have removed a lot of standard specs in the Audi UK market for 2023 and been using the excuse ‘chip issue or shortage’ but give very little or no reimbursement for removing them. 

i had a debate about why the black edition cars in the UK come with the chrome Audi badges whilst other market have that as standard. 

anyways, I’ll be going back to the dealership tomorrow to go back to my previous finance or see if they can maybe work something out. Hoping they might agree to swap my 2019 Audi matrix led lights with the new car.  

*** other markets have the Audi badge de chromed as standard on black Edition cars or equivalent.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, Rej said:

I doubt they'll change the headlights over. Not without voiding your warranty which they won't do