Intake Air Temp Sensor

DavejH

Go to solution Solved by DavejH,

Hi. So frustrated at the moment. Keep getting a P0113 error code relating to the IAT.  Car is running OK, slight loss of power. I kill the code but it comes back after a while.  Car is A3 1.9tDi 2006, 130,000+ miles. Just cleaned the EGR as that was caked up.

Can anyone tell me if the IAT is Integrated with the MAP or MAF?  At least then I can know where to look but the internet seems to tell me it is either. Changed the MAF but code still appeared.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 hour ago, DavejH said:

Hi. So frustrated at the moment. Keep getting a P0113 error code relating to the IAT.  Car is running OK, slight loss of power. I kill the code but it comes back after a while.  Car is A3 1.9tDi 2006, 130,000+ miles. Just cleaned the EGR as that was caked up.

Can anyone tell me if the IAT is Integrated with the MAP or MAF?  At least then I can know where to look but the internet seems to tell me it is either. Changed the MAF but code still appeared.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hi the IAT sensor will either be in the air filter box or  integrated with the MAF not the MAP as thats a pressure sensor, its worth checking the wiring to the MAF for breakages etc if yours is in the airbox again check the wiring there is also the problem at the moment that very low ambient temps can cause this code, try giving the MAP a clean as well.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks again Steve. Completely checked the air box for IAT but found nothing so must be part of MAF.  Fitted another brand new MAF today and the light came on with P0113 code error.  Looked at the wiring but all looks good up to where it goes into the loom. Not sure where to go next but guess it needs Audi analysis and expertise (unkess my normal mechanic will look again).

One more question, the MAF has 4 wires in (see pic).

1: is blank.

2: has a reading of 12+volts. 3: nothing. 4: nothing.

5: 5.01v.  My understanding is the PCM sends 5v to the IAT, which then reduces this dependent on temperature and, I assume, sends back the lower voltage via either lead 4 or 3? So any break/short in the wiring must be 3 or 4?

Thanks

20221202_100614[1].jpg

• 2 weeks later...