Enable Phone apps in 2022 A6 (C8) MMI

raj_vijayan

Hi folks - Got my A6 40 TFSI from the showroom yesterday (Model: Aug 22). While checking the car at showroom, the sales person mentioned about Apple Carplay available through cable connection. Checked the car after receiving and the "Phone apps" menu option is missing in MMI. The showroom guys are "Checking". can someone help with a way to enable this.

IMG_4111.HEIC

Hi Raj,you may have to work thru sub menus t odownload app  I had to get an adapter to connect phone to mmi,when I did it I thought  I could get sufficient  info off mmi and have not been too fussed about using app,however good luck withthat and enjoy your new car,regards  Dave  Wise 

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion. As I understand, the new vehicles' s/w packages come with Apple Car play and Android Auto in, but manufacture decides to enable it or not. I saw these youtube videos, but could not comprehend the setup - 

I think  I just downloaded app on phone then when I plugged the phone  into mmi system it  recognised the app and all the features came up like utube etc,hope this helps,your car looks great Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi mate did you manage to sort out phone apps I am having the same issue with my audi rsq8 2022 I took it to audi and thy done nothink and I phoned up audi connect but they could not do it they told me the car does support car play and android outo when I get in my car a message comes on my phone to connect 

Hi will,on my A3 I used an adapter from my phone to mmi and downloaded android auto  app and this allows you to get various  apps like utube news weather etc,hope you get on  ok regards David Wise 

• Like 1

Hi Will2022rsq8,

Phone apps not available in 2022 RSQ8.. You must be kidding... know how it feels when the basic Audi models come with the feature (Audi smartphone interface - as they call it). Do you see "Phone apps" in the MMI as an option? If so, follow this link "https://www.audibellevue.com/research/audi-apple-carplay.htm#:~:text=Wireless Apple CarPlay Setup&text=On your Audi touchscreen%2C press,Pair > Allow > Use CarPlay.

My A6 did not come with Smart phone interface and this is what i am doing

1. Audi service - They said it cannot be done from their side

2. 3rd party mechanic - They said it can be done, they will remove the MMI Unit (Will require opening the dashboard), update (did not mention if its S/w or adding some H/w component) and install. i did not take this due to warranty concerns

3. Exploring modules that can be externally connected (USB) to enable this

On 1/22/2023 at 2:53 PM, will2022rsq8 said:

Hi mate did you manage to sort out phone apps I am having the same issue with my audi rsq8 2022 I took it to audi and thy done nothink and I phoned up audi connect but they could not do it they told me the car does support car play and android outo when I get in my car a message comes on my phone to connect 

Hi Will2022rsq8,

Phone apps not available in 2022 RSQ8.. You must be kidding... know how it feels when the basic Audi models come with the feature (Audi smartphone interface - as they call it). Do you see "Phone apps" in the MMI as an option? If so, follow this link "https://www.audibellevue.com/research/audi-apple-carplay.htm#:~:text=Wireless Apple CarPlay Setup&text=On your Audi touchscreen%2C press,Pair > Allow > Use CarPlay.

My A6 did not come with Smart phone interface and this is what i am doing

1. Audi service - They said it cannot be done from their side

2. 3rd party mechanic - They said it can be done, they will remove the MMI Unit (Will require opening the dashboard), update (did not mention if its S/w or adding some H/w component) and install. i did not take this due to warranty concerns

3. Exploring modules that can be externally connected (USB) to enable this

On 1/22/2023 at 3:26 PM, David Wise said:

Hi will,on my A3 I used an adapter from my phone to mmi and downloaded android auto  app and this allows you to get various  apps like utube news weather etc,hope you get on  ok regards David Wise 

Hi David,

Please help with the name/brand of the adapter used in your A3 for this.

Edited by raj_vijayan

• 1 year later...

David,

I have a 2021 a3 with no phone apps in the MMI and thus i cant have carplay, did you figure out any solutions I could use too? Thank you so much.