Replacement headlight switch C5 RS6 avant

Matt Barnes

Hi there - I was wondering if anyone had ever managed to find a supplier for a replacement headlight switch for C5 RS6 avant..?

The web seems awash with LHD versions, but no RHD ones 🧐

The one I have in the car is still functional but looks like it’s been used exclusively by Wolverine & Freddy Krueger’s love child…

cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt, sounds similar to mine! Rhd ones seem rare as hens teeth. There's two different types of switch too. I think the RS6 had the chunkier switch like the facelifts. there's also a headlight switch fitting guide under the A6 c5 section. Please note both types of switches below: 

s-l1600.jpg

pic01.jpg

Hi Steve, yes I think you’re correct on both counts…the hens teeth and the chunky switch..

the c5 RS6 doesn’t have the headlight angle adjustment either, just the dial cluster brightness roller and a blanked section where the headlight angle adjustment ‘would’ be on other models (and no symbol present as in your 2nd pic).

I’m not sure if a complete replacement switch unit with the headlight angle roller would still fit and work? (obviously not the headlight angle function)

I’m befuddled as to why there are so many LHD replacements available and zero RHD ones 🧐

thanks for the reply, much appreciated 

Matt

👍

You're welcome 🙂 

The surround should fit as the hole is the same size. I guess it depends on the amount of pins on the connector. 

The switch itself can be replaced with ones fitted to other vag cars as the switch diameter is the same even with newer vag cars. I appreciate that doesn't help regarding the surround. 

By the way I think 4B1941531C Is the part number. Yours won't have the light adjustment due to the RS6 having self leveling suspension and xenon headlights. Furthermore the older switch version, are a different finish which generally lasts longer.