Safe To Use Lane Assist With No Multifunction Stalk?

Ujw

Hello, 

I’ve recently activated lane assist via OBD11 and it works fine, however… I did some researching before and read that if I have a button at the end of the stalk, I can turn off lane assist, I looked at my car, saw that it had the button at the end of the stalk, and activated it…
I’ve only just realised that I had been looking at the button at the end of the cruise control stalk and not the indicator stalk‍🤦‍♂️
So I could turn it off via OBD for another £20, or is it fine to just keep it as it is? Does anyone use lane assist without the stalk? Had any dangerous situations? I am paranoid about the car veering me off the road on like a small country road. Any advice?

Thank you

Edited by Ujw

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this option on Carista app to enable lane assist but i'm a bit hesitant myself as i also don't have the correct stalk with lane assist button. Not sure if it's worth the risk when i actually would want it off. Not worth the risk imo.