Audi A6 C8 50 TDI avant unknown cable in trunk

DenisRebel

Can't say I've seen that before. I'm wondering is it some wiring for a rear mounted dash cam? 

Who was the previous owner? Was it a business that required it to have additional lights etc if you see what I mean. 

Can the dealer not trave the wiring? 

Hello Denis,

Are you concerned that simply the ‘unknown’ cable is there, or the fact that you don’t know what it’s for? 
If it’s that concerning, why not request the dealer to ask the previous owner to get in touch with you to discuss its previous use - or at least explain to them what it was for, so that they can tell you? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a late reply but this cable has nothing to do with electronics, it's only used when the car is being built as a water sensor, if you dig around you'll find them all the way around the car, they can be safely cut off or just tucked back in.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:26 PM, PaulR7 said:

I know this is a late reply but this cable has nothing to do with electronics, it's only used when the car is being built as a water sensor, if you dig around you'll find them all the way around the car, they can be safely cut off or just tucked back in.

Thanks for giving us all a definitive answer 🙂