Audi A1 S-Line 1.4 TFSI 125 PS Service Schedule

Ozz

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Service Schedule for a 2017 Audi A1 S-Line 1.4 TFSI 125 PS (petrol). I am particularly interested in the servicing periods for the additional intervals for things like Timing Belt, Air Filter, Spark Plug replacements etc, not just the Minor and Major Services.

Also, can anyone tell me if it has a timing belt or a chain?

Thanks

Many thanks for this info Steve. That's answered all my questions. The daft thing is that the Audi dealership (where my sister-in-law bought this car new) sent her a text saying her timing belt might need renewing. Hmmmm😏

Anyway, thanks again for clearing that all up

Graham

Hello Graham,

Please see the responses under the duplicate post. 
I would certainly follow the advice of the supplying dealer ( rather than Audi’s crazy schedule) and get the cambelt and water pump changed, and indeed thank them for stepping over the line.

My regime is to change it every 5 years, irrespective of mileage. Worth getting the auxiliary belt changed at the same time.

Of course, you don’t have to use the main dealer, but being old fashioned, I would ensure a main dealer water pump was used. This is reinforced by a rattling 2 year old /10K miles covered water pump on a family non Audi. This kit was from a reputable ‘manufacturer’. 
Of course, it’s your call in respect of whether you renew the belt assembly or not. 
Perhaps you would let us have your thoughts Graham. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:34 PM, Ozz said:

Many thanks for this info Steve. That's answered all my questions. The daft thing is that the Audi dealership (where my sister-in-law bought this car new) sent her a text saying her timing belt might need renewing. Hmmmm😏

Anyway, thanks again for clearing that all up

Graham

You're most welcome, glad I could help 🙂

I was booking it into a local garage for its MOT and I mentioned it to the mechanic. He said "Its a belt, I've just done one". So I checked with an Audi dealer and sure enough they said the same. I've just been and had a look and the cover is a plastic one which more or less confirms it. Perhaps they changed engines at some point. I notice there was no date on the document you showed me. The problem is that the servicing info is all held electronically. No Maintenance Schedule supplied like in the old days.

Graham

Well its booked in for a cambelt now. But my original question was a request for the servicing information. There's no maintenance info in the vehicle documentation so I was trying to get a handle on what's due and when. This then prompted the question of whether or not it had a cambelt or chain.

Graham