Convenience/Comfort/Body Control module query

56Doc

Go to solution Solved by 56Doc,

Hi folks,

I’m swapping my seats for heated & ventilated versions,

Does anyone know if I need to change the Body control module/convenience module/comfort module? 
(I’ve got the new Climate control module).

I’ve heard all 3 terms used, not sure if they’re all the same of different units! But looking through various parts catalogues, I can’t see any vehicle build options on anything when I search for any of those 3.

Hope someone has a lot more knowledge than I!

cheers

Dave

Had a chat with another techy and we’re now not sure if this module is hardware specific to each vehicle or if the unit has the required software options enabled to make them specific for each vehicle.

or even if each module IS vehicle specific!

so ANY info anyone has will be helpful.

thanks

dave

I know on my era of A6 (2002) the comfort control module part number has to be a 100% match. 

I'd recommend you speak to a retrofitter such as autologics. They've been used by multiple members for retrofits. 

• Solution

Ok, we have a plan:-

Spoke to Autologics, they don’t fit OEM equipment, they suggested Audi-retrofits in London, who I knew of (but too far for a 2 day job), they say that some need replacing, some don’t, so I need to get the car scanned (arranged) and get the part numbers of the units fitted, he can then tell if I need new units. 

so, sorted.

thanks everyone.

dave

Well, they did suggest going to the right person, so it all worked out in the end.

just got to get the car data downloaded next week, get that to Audi Retrofits, then wait for any new unit(s), then I can book it in to have the work done!

nothings simple though is it!