Wont start

Richard Holt

Evening.I have a 2008 R8 in storage for winter.Due to serious leg injury ive not been able to get to it and the battery went flat.Ive recharged it but when i turn the ignition i am get 2 loud beeps.The car has a ghost 2 alarm on it(after market) and i cant deactivate it because of these 2 beeps.Pulling my hair out now as getting no help from Audi other than can you get it to us and we will look at it.The company that fitted the immob say its not that.Need help please please as its now causing me stress.

I'd highly recommend you speak to the company who fitted the ghost alarm. 

If you hadn't mentioned the ghost alarm I would have suggested the factory fitted immobiliser as the potential culprit. Have you had a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up?

Cheers Steve for your reply.I will see if i can get a mobile auto electrician out to check.Ive read all sorts of stuff like putting the 2 battery leads together for 5mn then reconnect,turn the key in the ignition 5 times and it resets everything but thats not worked.

3 hours ago, Richard Holt said:

Cheers Steve for your reply.I will see if i can get a mobile auto electrician out to check.Ive read all sorts of stuff like putting the 2 battery leads together for 5mn then reconnect,turn the key in the ignition 5 times and it resets everything but thats not worked.

No probs at all. Please keep us posted on how you get on