Satnav update out of date

Alan Adams

I run an A6 Allroad 2015 model. I bought it from an Audi dealer in 2018, and until 2021 it was automatically updating the Satnav using the SIM card in the car.

In November 2022 I received an email offering the "2022-2023 update". As I was planning to drive to Austria, and had previously had trouble with unmapped new roads in Germany, I had the update installed.

It's out of date. The only thing I can find different after installation is that it now reads out "Bury Saint Edmunds" instead of "Bury Street Edmunds".

The new A14 roads round Huntingdon that opened in 2020 are not updated.

The new route out of the ferry terminal in the Hook of Holland towards Rotterdam that was there in 2019 isn't included.

The new roundabouts between Northampton and M1 J16 that opened in 2020 aren't included.

It's NOT worth the £300 plus I was charged. I should have bought a phone holder and used Google Maps instead.

• 5 months later...

I have my SatNav update over the air. The same problem applies, roads that I know have been open for 18 months are still not there - the A355 Strasbourg bypass is the most prominent. 

I now use Google Maps via Android Auto for a much better result.

Perhaps this is what they wish to have us do. I am at Audi in Ingolstadt as a visitor next month. I will see if I can get the question answered.