2000 Final Edition Cabriolet

Ade B

I have owned this car from new since August 2000 and it has been serviced every year with MOT to October 2023. 
Mileage 139,000.

I am emotionally attached but would consider selling as now retired and have a 2015 Audi A1 Auto.

Does anyone know what price this car would be worth?

F266CADA-CE33-49CC-9528-5CCA0457244D.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Ade B said:

I have owned this car from new since August 2000 and it has been serviced every year with MOT to October 2023. 
Mileage 139,000.

I am emotionally attached but would consider selling as now retired and have a 2015 Audi A1 Auto.

Does anyone know what price this car would be worth?

F266CADA-CE33-49CC-9528-5CCA0457244D.jpeg

I'd recommend you keep it if you can. I think you'll regret selling it. 

I agree with Steve Q, if it’s at all possible I’d keep it or pass it on to a friend or family member who you think would appreciate it and look after the car.

The cars value is hard to estimate form one photo and limited information but I recently sold a silver 2000 2.6 v6 that had 85,000 miles on it for £3,500.

it was in reasonable condition with a folder of receipts and MOT tests.

Hi Ade B i agree with Steve Q and Turlough. I think you would regret selling it. I sold a Audi coupe that i was having a few problems with about 15 years ago to a mechanic who fixed it all and i remember seeing it pass about 2 years later on a really nice summers day all polished and looking good and i felt sick. I just wanted that car. I think your Audi is special seeing as your the only owner. It would be ideal if someone who knows the car and appreciates it as much as you do could buy it off you.  If i were you i would put it in a classic car auction with a reserve of the lowest price youd be willing to sell for and if it doesnt meet that reserve then dont sell it. Theres an auction company called Hampson auctions who have classic car auctions about 4 or 5 times a year. You pay nothing to sell your car but the buyer pays 12.5% of the sale price on top. Theyre a family run business and have auctions in Holywell, Ellesmere port and Oulton park race circuit in Cheshire. I think the most popular one would be the Oulton park race circuit auction in August. There will be racing events at the circuit on that day and a lot of people and potential buyers. Its a great day out and there will be lots of nice cars there. I went there last August and there was a lovely 2.6 v6 audi coupe there which had just had a lot spent on it new interior limited edition wheels etc... and i didnt register to bid as i thought it would of sold for around £5000 and to everybodys surprise it sold for around £2250. If id of registered theres a good chance id of bought it. The paintwork was immaculate. Good luck if you sell your car but please dont rush into it. 

Screenshot_20220929-163331_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220731_102011.jpg

20220731_101830.jpg

20220731_125053.jpg

20220731_125033.jpg

Just now, IHK 11 said:

Hi Ade B i agree with Steve Q and Turlough. I think you would regret selling it. I sold a Audi coupe that i was having a few problems with about 15 years ago to a mechanic who fixed it all and i remember seeing it pass about 2 years later on a really nice summers day all polished and looking good and i felt sick. I just wanted that car. I think your Audi is special seeing as your the only owner. It would be ideal if someone who knows the car and appreciates it as much as you do could buy it off you.  If i were you i would put it in a classic car auction with a reserve of the lowest price youd be willing to sell for and if it doesnt meet that reserve then dont sell it. Theres an auction company called Hampson auctions who have classic car auctions about 4 or 5 times a year. You pay nothing to sell your car but the buyer pays 12.5% of the sale price on top. Theyre a family run business and have auctions in Holywell, Ellesmere port and Oulton park race circuit in Cheshire. I think the most popular one would be the Oulton park race circuit auction in August. There will be racing events at the circuit on that day and a lot of people and potential buyers. Its a great day out and there will be lots of nice cars there. I went there last August and there was a lovely 2.6 v6 audi coupe there which had just had a lot spent on it new interior limited edition wheels etc... and i didnt register to bid as i thought it would of sold for around £5000 and to everybodys surprise it sold for around £2250. If id of registered theres a good chance id of bought it. The paintwork was immaculate. Good luck if you sell your car but please dont rush into it. 

Screenshot_20220929-163331_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220731_102011.jpg

20220731_101830.jpg

20220731_125053.jpg

20220731_125033.jpg

I loved the wheels.

Thank you for your feedback IHK 11.

I am in no rush to sell and probably my daughter would have loved to have taken it from me but she has now moved to live and work in Canada.

Based on your thoughts and others, I am not sure I will even sell at all as I love the car and, as you say, I have had it from new and no real problems. 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:23 PM, Turlough said:

I agree with Steve Q, if it’s at all possible I’d keep it or pass it on to a friend or family member who you think would appreciate it and look after the car.

The cars value is hard to estimate form one photo and limited information but I recently sold a silver 2000 2.6 v6 that had 85,000 miles on it for £3,500.

it was in reasonable condition with a folder of receipts and MOT tests.

It is hard to part company with a car youve had for so long. Ive had cars half the age of my Audi which were full of rust. Theyre a quality car and very well made. Good luck with it.