VCDS usability for an A4 B9 (2021)

axelz

Apologies for duplicate post, I also posted on the A5 forum in response to some VCDS queries.

Quick question re VCDS and a 2021 A4 B9 I'm shortly hopefully to buy - I've the older Vagcom USB interface HEX-USB+CAN shown here I've used on my B8 A4 fine, but understand this software may have very limited functionality (when used with the newer compatible cable) or no longer work on the newer 2021 B9's and other more recent Audis and other VAG cars.  Does anyone know if this is definitely the case, as I read online here (via a google search) that they are locking out these kinds of modifications and diagnostics, and being they are now providing some paid for features you can unlock via their mobile app etc.  Will try the existing older cable I have when I change the car, but curious to hear anyone's experiences to date, as well as what is actually possible to do (or not) with the newer cars, reading/resetting diagnostic codes as well as any modifications being possible anymore? Is it a case of VAGCOM no longer being usable by these newer cars, as was considering selling the existing cable and getting the newer USB V2 one potentially. Cheers!

1 hour ago, coupe4 said:

hi alex,i bought my vcds last year and was told by the supplier that it works and includes all new models up to 2024.greg

Thanks. I’ll look to buy one then, and sell the older one. Seems as they aren’t limited and discontinued fetching a fair price. 

I spoke to a Ross tech dealer today who told me the VAG SFD unlocking isn’t quite operational yet with VCDS and their servers but would be later this year, so I think you can’t yet do those protected operations quite yet.