1.4tfsi revs jumping on acceleration.

Ben999

Hi all. Wondered if anyone else has had the same issue as me…. 2017 a4 1.4tfsi black edition manual. On accelerating medium to hard the car revs seem to rise faster than car is accelerating (almost like a slipping clutch feeling). Had a new clutch fitted several days ago but still seems to do it. Especially in 4th gear when accelerating from 40mph. 
anyone any ideas? Seeing as though the clutch has been replaced I’m not sure. Thanks 

hi ben,a friend of mine got a clutch fitted in 2016 a6 in the main dealers,clutch was slipping like mad and it turned out the new clutch got contaminated with oil by the apprentice who worked on it,they eventually took it back and replaced the clutch after a lot of hassle

5 hours ago, Ben999 said:

Hi all. Wondered if anyone else has had the same issue as me…. 2017 a4 1.4tfsi black edition manual. On accelerating medium to hard the car revs seem to rise faster than car is accelerating (almost like a slipping clutch feeling). Had a new clutch fitted several days ago but still seems to do it. Especially in 4th gear when accelerating from 40mph. 
anyone any ideas? Seeing as though the clutch has been replaced I’m not sure. Thanks 

Hi when they replaced the clutch did they replace all the seals, driveshaft, radial, rear crankshaft all are capable of leaking if not replaced, I spent most of last summer playing chase the ace with that one it turned out the main culprit was the crank seal behind the flywheel.

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ben did you get anywhere with this as I'm having the same issue on my car bought 2 months ago (A4 2017 1.4 tfsi 46k mileage) however I have an oil leak under the car noticed last week on driveway, undertray all soaked in oil possibly engine or gearbox oil. Local garage advised will need to remove gearbox and see where the leak is (crankshaft main seal or input shaft seal) and likely to replace clutch which may be contaminated and causing the slippage. 

Hi. No never got to the bottom of it. I took the car back to the dealer as I was within 30 days of purchase so I swapped the car for another one. 

On 3/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, Faisal_i86 said:

Hi there I have an audi a4 1.4 turbo and I have had the same problem my clutch was slipping so took it back to arnold clark they apparently gave me a new clutch duel mass fly wheel and a sleeve cylinder but I have had the car back a couple of days now and noticing the same problem again whenni put the foot down to build speed in 3rd and 4th gear its still Iver revving, but if I just drive normal with a soft touch when accerorating its fine anyone any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just bought the 1.4tfsi s line and finding the same problem. Also would let me select 1st or 2nd gear today thinking of handing it back as Ive only had the car 2 weeks