Caliper upgrade.

Chri544

Go to solution Solved by Steve Q,

Chaps.

Struggling to find any info on brake upgrades.
I’ve got a 2007 1.8 tfsi

The car is still drivable on the roads but gets used as a track car more than road use dragged on a trailer. I got some decent pads & discs with rbf660 fluid but the brakes just can’t handle track use. Going to olton in the next few months so would like to get sorted for then. If anyone’s got any advice on what to buy it would be appreciated. I’ve got some ap racing 4 pots on my Ibiza 6L. Could I swap them onto the Audi? 

On 3/2/2023 at 7:03 AM, Steve Q said:

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

So I’ve taken the calliper of a friends s3 and they are perfect so looking for some decent ones now. Although I’ve fit a venom turbo today and the car is not happy. Misfire on random cylinders. All fun and games. 
cheers for your input tho Steve. Much appreciated 

On 3/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, Chri544 said:

So I’ve taken the calliper of a friends s3 and they are perfect so looking for some decent ones now. Although I’ve fit a venom turbo today and the car is not happy. Misfire on random cylinders. All fun and games. 
cheers for your input tho Steve. Much appreciated 

You're most welcome glad I could help 🙂 if you're upgrading the calipers you could upgrade to braided hoses too. Just a thought... 

Hope you get the turbo issue sorted. You could badd an upgraded intercooler and get it remapped with new turbo.