P2002

Laurentiu

Hello, I have a4 b9 2tdi 190 manual with 62k miles, and yesterday when I drive on motorway with 80 mph my engine light come on. I read ecu and error is P2002, and probably is egr cooler. Is anyone have this problem on this mileage, I expect this problem to come late on high mileage from audi. 

Hi, I have just had the same issue. MY 2017 2.0 TDi 190 - 57000, EML/CEL came on Tuesday. Had Audi service done Friday previous, now this? I read online it's an exhaust differential pressure sensor? Don't know if that's correct. 

OK tell me if you fix this after replace this sensor. What I see on Internet is egr cooler who is expensive to replace. To be onest  I'm disappointed to have this problem  from premium car on this mileage. 

@Laurentiu it's inevitable.

No amount of fuel additives or spray cleaners will get rid of the problem.

When the EGR cooler and valve have been replaced, you can however take measures to hopefully delay the inevitable......

10 minutes ago, jdragon said:

@Laurentiu it's inevitable.

No amount of fuel additives or spray cleaners will get rid of the problem.

When the EGR cooler and valve have been replaced, you can however take measures to hopefully delay the inevitable......

I don't believe is OK to change egr cooler on premium brand on 60 k miles, and this is about 1000 £

21 hours ago, Laurentiu said:

I don't believe is OK to change egr cooler on premium brand on 60 k miles, and this is about 1000 £

Hi unfortunately  Jon is 100% correct, premium brand or not its a fact same as the timing chains fitted to Mercedes/BMW, the design is flawed in so much as if it was running dry exhaust gas it would be fine but if you throw Adblue and the water vapour into the mix it becomes a glutinous white substance that just blocks the cooler tubes this then corrodes the tubes as Adblue when wet and partially solidified is extremely corrosive on base metals.

Steve.

4 minutes ago, Smb250 said:

Well, just had diagnostic check at local dealer. Its not good news p200200 is the egr cooler. Make sure your sat down, repair cost £2k 😢😫

How many mileage have your car and what engine is? 

On 3/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Smb250 said:

Hi, I have just had the same issue. MY 2017 2.0 TDi 190 - 57000, EML/CEL came on Tuesday. Had Audi service done Friday previous, now this? I read online it's an exhaust differential pressure sensor? Don't know if that's correct. 

2 minutes ago, Smb250 said:

That sensor is if you are lucky, in most case is egr cooler. Try to use a good dpf cleaner in your fuel tank, and avoid start stop option

• 8 months later...

Hi guys,

did anyone resolve this? Had the EML on and off every 2/3 days for about a month and a half now same P2002 code. Audi A4 2L Quattro 2016.

After reading many posts and forums it seems like it’s either the EGR cooler or potentially the Differential pressure sensor if you’re lucky. I saw on Ross wiki that it could also be the MAP sensor?