Locked Inside - No Door Loom connected

Thirstywheelz

Go to solution Solved by Thirstywheelz,

Hi All. 

I was working on my passenger door yesterday, repairing the passenger door loom near the hinge. It got late, I was unfinished, so I gently closed the door with the loom still unplugged. 

This morning the door has somehow locked itself, and won't unlock. No keyhole, I can gain access from another door. The door card is removed, and I have access to the actuator. I have pulled at the rod, still won't open.. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

That's a tricky one that my freind hence the lack of replies 😬, have you found any solution to your problem yet? I cannot see a way around it to be honest, as you can't get to the latch mechanism with the door closed

• Solution
4 hours ago, Darylbob said:

That's a tricky one that my freind hence the lack of replies 😬, have you found any solution to your problem yet? I cannot see a way around it to be honest, as you can't get to the latch mechanism with the door closed

Hi Mate. Yes, all solved. 

It took a few hours, but sorted it. 

Hopefully this helps someone in the future. 

Fortunately I had the door card off already, this has to be removed. 

Then remove the black panel that has the door handle cable coming out of it. You can pry this panel away with a flat head, working the tabs loose all the way round.

Look inside the door and you will see the actuator where the lock is. ( L shaped grey/cream plastic thing )

Shine a light in and you will see 2 Phillips screws. I undid both, but I believe just the top one will do.

This will loosen the half the actuator case. Pull this off. 

You will then see a spring, gear, spindle kinda mechanism.

Now for the technical bit... I gently pushed a flat head screwdriver in and amongst the works, and gently moved it about... And BINGO... It Unlocked. 

Job done. Put everything back. 

Replaced the door loom as I first planned to, now everything works perfectly. 

On 3/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, Thirstywheelz said:

Hi Mate. Yes, all solved. 

It took a few hours, but sorted it. 

Hopefully this helps someone in the future. 

Fortunately I had the door card off already, this has to be removed. 

Then remove the black panel that has the door handle cable coming out of it. You can pry this panel away with a flat head, working the tabs loose all the way round.

Look inside the door and you will see the actuator where the lock is. ( L shaped grey/cream plastic thing )

Shine a light in and you will see 2 Phillips screws. I undid both, but I believe just the top one will do.

This will loosen the half the actuator case. Pull this off. 

You will then see a spring, gear, spindle kinda mechanism.

Now for the technical bit... I gently pushed a flat head screwdriver in and amongst the works, and gently moved it about... And BINGO... It Unlocked. 

Job done. Put everything back. 

Replaced the door loom as I first planned to, now everything works perfectly. 

Glad you got sorted 🙂