The Milk Float Disaster

Hi Ladies/Gents, got bored trolling through the net looking at used cars and came across a couple of sites for second  hand Audi e tron GTs, their are hundreds for sale with at most 8k on the clock 2021/2022 models offered by Audi dealers for up to £15,000 less than they were new, something is badly wrong when you get this amount of new cars with a residual thats dropping faster than a Gary Glitter popularity poll, when you consider the second hand prices of nasty fossil fuelled Audis which are going up on a weekly basis this would lead you to believe that Joe public with what is known as real money is voting with his feet, and subject to a conversation in the cab this week with the CEO of Ford Europe apparently Dunton is going all out on a Hybrid system that is driven by a Hydrogen Fuel Cell engine linked to an electric motor, Honda, Kia,Huyundai are all doing the same, I honestly believe that in fifty years time it will all be that way.

Steve.

About time people saw sense. Hydrogen or synthetic fuels are the future. Germany is not banning fossil fuel cars in 2035 despite the rest of communist Europe wanting them too. As try don't see the pont in a ban when synthetic fuels will help save millions on updated infrastructure costs etc 

• Like 1

i agreee lads,i was told a few weeks ago by  a honda exec that they are more or less finished with electric cars and are putting all their efforts now into hydrogen models and in a couple of years hydro will be the way they will all be heading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Exactly, they've tried to push us into electric cars for at least 10 years and they've not had the uptake the powers that be wanted. 

Hi just shows you, like all totalitarian schemes its beginning to unravel because it shows Mr Average has an opinion and so does his wallet, I think they really believe in a future utopia where no one can fix their own car so therefore will be at the mercy of all dealerships who can charge what they like and the customer has no other choice, thats what I love about these forums as they give previously unheard information to an audience in a public area, example the poster that decided to change his own air filter rather than pay Audi to do it and armed with a YouTube video and screw driver did a first class job of replacement, small battle wins in a larger war, me personally would rather take night school on flower arranging than repairing electric vehicles as electric vehicles have no soul, there will always be the band of delusional types that believe that the only way forward is to use dealerships and pay their prices, don't get me wrong we all have to get parts from them occasionally as it's the only place you can get a new part [patents] and as long as you dive into Boots before and buy a large tube of Anusol it makes their prices less painful.

Steve.

The current powers that be have shafted the common person for far too long. There's an increasing category of people who don't qualify for any support (the average support for someone on benefits is an average 25k I think) but are now starting to financially struggle in this current climate. 

As such an electric car for this category is the last thing on their mind. I do believe there's going to be a turning point where things are going to snap.