start/stop system fault function unavailable 

Moses

Hi All

i have 2016 a4 1.4tfsi petrol. 

I’ve been in hospital for the last 2 weeks and my car hasn’t been switched on. (We’ve had snow etc in the meantime)

Today morning when I went to switch on the car I got a message on the dashboard ‘start/stop system fault function unavailable’ visit workshop (see pic). The message disappears after awhile and no error message on the Mmi system.

If i do press the start/stop button on the dash then the message will re-appear again

any thoughts? 

F2C31360-1086-4DBA-B6CB-C6B56F8641F7.jpeg

25712483-6310-40CB-BF84-9D9A41A4F4AF.jpeg

Hello Mussa,

This would be typical of a below par battery. It may resolve itself with some use, but if it’s still running on its original battery then it sounds like it would benefit from being renewed. 
A personal viewpoint:- I’d be much happy to live with a non operative s/s system than living with it, so it wouldn’t bother me at all - I would see it as a bonus. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mussa,

This would be typical of a below par battery. It may resolve itself with some use, but if it’s still running on its original battery then it sounds like it would benefit from being renewed. 
A personal viewpoint:- I’d be much happy to live with a non operative s/s system than living with it, so it wouldn’t bother me at all - I would see it as a bonus. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth for your response, will be starting the car daily again let’s see how it goes. 

Hello Mussa, 

If you intend to start the car and just leave it ticking over for a few minutes then you are likely to deplete the battery even more. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

5 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mussa, 

If you intend to start the car and just leave it ticking over for a few minutes then you are likely to deplete the battery even more. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Sorry I meant I will be driving it 👍

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Mussa,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth for your response, will be starting the car daily again let’s see how it goes. 

Just a quick update - I’ve driven the car yesterday and today and no message when starting the car, fingers crossed it was a cold battery issue as the car hadn’t been started for 2 weeks 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, Moses said:

Just a quick update - I’ve driven the car yesterday and today and no message when starting the car, fingers crossed it was a cold battery issue as the car hadn’t been started for 2 weeks 

Coded mine out hateful thing start - stop .... 

Good luck 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, a6blacked007 said:

Coded mine out hateful thing start - stop .... 

Good luck 

positive side mines £30 a year tax with having stop start😁